6.1 California

Thanks for sharing our video. We should be heading to Dusseldorf to get a good look at the New Cali when it's released and there'll be a video all about it when we do. :thumbsup:
That be a very interesting video and will look forward to that.. @Ed Webb .

You 3 at camper Jam this year?. Come to the club area say ello.

@ABusAndBeyond good video guys. BTW, where did you get your T25 cushion?

We got them from Volksworld Show a couple of years ago. The company was called Rusted Bus but I've never been able to find them since unfortunately.

That be a very interesting video and will look forward to that.. @Ed Webb .

You 3 at camper Jam this year?. Come to the club area say ello.

We are both working for Camper Jam annoyingly. Damn shift work always seems to get in the way of the shows. Hopefully next year we can make it.

Will the sliding windows leak? It would be a shame if they didn't. Not a proper VW if they don't.

Couple of bits of innovation that stood out for me, the optional pull out hob for the Beach, and the stereo being fed from the mains hookup to allow use while camping.

Love the colour touchscreen in the overhead console. Great that it has a digital spirit level built in too.

If it’s not an option, why didn’t VW make the overhead screen DVD video compatible and fit a TV tuner. That would be the icing on the cake.

Last edited:
It would be good if that screen could double up as a tv. I’m sure someone will blast a tv mod at it if not. Interesting

Love that electronic spirit level - where can I get one ?

Pete

Exactly what I use :thumbsup: Though now I’m wondering about replicating that with a Pi and some sensors. Add that to the ever growing list of future projects.

We had a really good look at the T6.1 in Dusseldorf and found out some really interesting things... like the fact that there'll be two different Beach's.

Quite like the way they are named beach, coast and ocean but (sadly) way too expensive for us.
We will just have to stick with our own conversion until the VW brand isn't as popular (or when hell freezes over. I know which one to expect first).
:rofl:

Video was awesome though. Very thorough and in detail but not too in depth if you know what I mean.
:)

Back