5 or 6 seats on a new order t6.1 kombi

Bracket position is governed by the dimples in the floor pan and holes in the cross beam under the floor.

This week I’ll try and get a picture of a middle type seat fitted to one side.

Ian

That would be great thanks. I hope there is enough room to get the bracket in and the cover back on the the heater unit.

the single passenger seat is by far more comfortable and even for short journeys the double front passenger seat is too small in my experience

That would be great thanks. I hope there is enough room to get the bracket in and the cover back on the the heater unit.

Right, I’ve fitted my single shuttle seat into row 2 in basically the same places it would be in row 3 and photographed down the line of the outer edge of the seat. I did this on the left and the right. There is quite a large clash with the heater panel and still some clash on the near side, which on mine is just carpeted wheel arch. Not looking good I’m afraid!

The other pic just shows which floor brackets are used for a single shuttle seat positioned towards the off side (drivers side) of the van.

BAB580FB-760C-464A-B523-9D9B023CF48C.jpeg

E9BE7F65-6E9C-48A3-ABD7-277278BAD5A4.jpeg

41A6BF98-23DF-48A6-8DC6-1F23A190E960.jpeg

Thanks very much for taking those pics. It is as I thought, the cover surround for the floor bracket is going to foul the heater cover.. But what looks like being more of an issue is the seat itself....

I may have to go with a single seat in the middle like your earlier pic. The only other alternative would be to fit a triple seat in the rear and remove the +1 seat from the second row, to have 7 seats, but I'd need to add belts either side.. To be honest, 6 is probably enough seats but thought 7 would allow greater flexibilty.

I dont think the floor bracket is a major issue - bit of a trim on the edge of the side panel.

What seat configuration is the van supplied with?

Kombi is coming with single seats in front and 2+1 in rear. Two middle seats would be the ideal result as there is no messing with belts but judging by your pics it may not quite fit.. Floor bracket can probably be made to fit but the actual cushion part and side pivot to fold may not sit square...

I wonder if a european double kombi seat would work so the seats would be biased to the passenger side where there is more clearance on the wheel arch? Yes you would need a seatbelt fitting as the compromise.

I wonder if a european double kombi seat would work so the seats would be biased to the passenger side where there is more clearance on the wheel arch? Yes you would need a seatbelt fitting as the compromise.

That would make sense. The only upshot is that I have around 6 months to decide what I want before the van arrives. :)

Back