4Motion Sportline lowering springs.

Merv555

T6 Pro
I called my dealer for a price to fit 30mm lowering springs to my T32 Kombi 4Motion and was told that they can't do it to 4Motions, I asked if the standard springs were different and he said that the part numbers are different for a normal T32 and the 4Motion T32.
Has anyone got their 4Motion T32 lowered by a dealer?

I called my dealer for a price to fit 30mm lowering springs to my T32 Kombi 4Motion and was told that they can't do it to 4Motions, I asked if the standard springs were different and he said that the part numbers are different for a normal T32 and the 4Motion T32.
Has anyone got their 4Motion T32 lowered by a dealer?

Yep, mine fitted at PDI by my dealer - no issues at all.

T32, 4 Motion, T32, 204

I called a large dealer and asked them and they told me that it could be done, so I call my local dealer and told them, they had to raise a ticket to VW to verify it.
They called me back this afternoon and said that they can now do it, so don't always believe everything that they tell you!

I have also read conflicting comments about it and also asked one customising company that stated they never touch 4Motion.

With my old T5 T30 2.5L 2WD I had to fit T32 rear springs for towing as it sagged too much so when I ordered my T6 I specified T32 so as to get the bigger brakes as we tow a caravan and also have two Ifor Williams trailers. But the suspension hardly moved and was horrible to drive. The Continental commercial tyres played a big part as they transmitted every bump and lump in the road so they were ditched very quickly.

So I fitted the VW supplied Eiback springs ZGB 7H0 071 677A to my T6 Kombi Highline T32 204ps DSG 4Motion SWB and the back went down by 35mm which I was OK with but the front by 45mm which I didn't want. I must say I didn't expect it to be so soft and that it was far more comfortable to drive although it rolled more and when only a small load was put in the back it soon sagged lower than the front. But last weekend when towing the caravan back home on the Fosse Way I felt the front was hitting the bump stops when you travelled over dips in the road so Tuesday this week I took it apart again.
I was thinking of trying to add spacers made from conveyor belt rubber to the front springs to give it more preload but it is not easy with the standard set up as it would also move the bump stop by the same amount so in the end I fitted a set of standard T30 springs off a T5 DSG 4Motion which I picked up of eBay a few weeks ago in preparation.
Even though the T30 4Motion front springs were only marginally thinner it is a better drive than the original T32 4Motion springs and the back springs were a lot thinner so that feels more comfortable so for the moment I will stick with that set up
Does any one have the part number for a different 30mm lowering spring fitted by VW to the 4Motion Sportline as I might try that if something is available.
IMGP1272a.jpg IMGP1287a.jpg IMGP1272a.jpg

Hi Leigh, van looks nice.
I wouldn't say it looks much different from mine in the pictures 1 & 3 (I accidentally added the pic with Sportline springs twice). Also remember mine is on old T5 17" wheels with nominal size tyres. You may have slightly bigger diameter tyres. I only had them on for 6 weeks and my van was occasionally bumping off the bump stops on the front and last Sunday was too much for me so I referred back to normal ride height but with slightly softer T30 springs rather than the standard T32 springs. Are you on standard dampers on the van and did you receipt show the part number of the springs fitted?
For info even with the standard springs whether T30 or T32 it sits at very nearly the same height. The T30 are slightly (5mm) lower on the front and slightly (5mm) higher on the back. But interestingly is that the un-laden sag is 85mm on the front and 65mm on the back so when I had the Sportline springs it was about 130mm on the front and about 110mm. That's an awful lot of suspension travel used up before you hit any bumps in the road.
Best Regards

I have a T6 T32 LWB 4motion and have just had H&R springs fitted 40mm drop and it looks well but feeling every bump on 18” 255/45/18
Any advice on improving ride please ?

Any news experiences on this front ? I have a T32 4Motion ; lowering it sounds like a proverbial minefield !?

Any news experiences on this front ? I have a T32 4Motion ; lowering it sounds like a proverbial minefield !?

First of all decide what it is you want from 'lowering' Whether its purely cosmetic and want the 'slammed' look or whether you a subtle drop with better road handling and comfort because there is a trade off....

I've just had a T32 4M lowered 40mm with upgraded Koni's from CRS. It provides a subtle drop in ride height with much improved road handling and comfort, just right for me, but we all have different requirements, Some people like the option to adjust ride height...

Have a chat to @CRS Performance and he'll be able to advise.

Before and After Pictures

P1065781.JPG

OI000038.jpg

Many thanks Jason. I'm after :-

- a slight drop for cosmetic purposes / stance
- improved cornering

I have a fear of knocking noises, pot holes and my teeth being shaken out.

It sounds like your set up is ideal for my needs. I wonder if 20's would ruin your pliant set up. Those 19 Amaroks look tidy though.

Many thanks for the advice. I'm in NE Scotland so too far away from CRS Performance unfortunately.

- improved cornering

It sounds like your set up is ideal for my needs. I wonder if 20's would ruin your pliant set up. Those 19 Amaroks look tidy though.

Many thanks for the advice. I'm in NE Scotland so too far away from CRS Performance unfortunately.
Where in NE Scotland?
Try mine out and see what you think before you buy.
I bought from Steve @CRS Performance

I lowered my 4 motion 50 mm with no issues, and yes it was a bit crashey , but then fitted Bilstein shocks, now so much better

Wow. Thread revival. Interesting that even in 2017 main dealers saying you couldn’t lower a t32 4motion - we’ve been doing them for years.

B14's on my T32 4-Motion, this was when the bus was new, coilovers at the top of their adjustment so roughly a 50mm drop from standard.

full?d=1521639943.jpg

- improved cornering

don't worry about 20 inch wheels we simply adjust the stiffness to cope with that !!!

If I'd read the post properly I would have seen 4 motion.
Mine is just a STD fwd I'm afraid.
But your still welcome to give it ago when lockdown is relaxed.
I have the koni/hr coilover kit fitted.
I'm based in inverurie/Kintore

Back