4motion handbrake system

yeha

Anyone got a picture of the 4motion handbrake mounting in front of the diff? I'm removing my handbrake brackets to mount the diff and need to replace them with the 4motion abutment plate.

Managed to find a suitable photo on flickr. Just need to find a part no. for the springs that hold the cable either side of the prop flange.

Hi yeha, sounds like we may be doing something similair ... 4motion upgrade ..?
Drop me a picture of the hand brackets please, are you retro fitting haldex and subframe ..?
thats one of my next moves .. I want to be prepared to move on and not waste more time waiting for parts ...
cheers buddy

Yes, that's the plan. Mines a T5 but I find there's better info, or maybe less people saying just buy one, here. I took some a few days ago without the heat shields. I'll get them off my phone.

I have etka access so MAY be able to get part numbers if you can specify what exact bits you need (along with a picture would be helpful)

Heres a snip, incase you cant make it out
4 motion left rear is
7H0711454A for vehicles up to 31/05/15
7E0711443A for vehicles from 01/06/16

4 motion right rear is
7H0711444A for vehicles up to 31/05/15
7E0711444A for vehicles after 01/06/15

Capture.PNG

Cheers Pauly,
I was thinking no.25 … the abutment bracket, I have etka set up again, so I will look into the others, cant get under back of mine for few days still …

Yes, that's the plan. Mines a T5 but I find there's better info, or maybe less people saying just buy one, here. I took some a few days ago without the heat shields. I'll get them off my phone.
Cheers buddy no rush, just unsure whats needed to change on back yet, other stuff going on with 4mo .. dpf .. downpipe ..

IMG_20220609_163251.jpgIMG_20220609_163300.jpgIMG_20220609_163323.jpgIMG_20220609_163327.jpgIMG_20220609_163451.jpgIMG_20220609_163456.jpg

The front cable inner from the handbrake lever is shorter but the outer is the original length so uses the original bracket. The abutment bracket requires a pair of hex rivnuts in the chassis crossmember. The same crossmemeber is used a few times on the LWB so choose carefully. The brackets on the rear arms were fine. The rear cables are much longer and I'm missing 2 more brackets. 1 pair are bent wire and come sideways from the inner arm mounts. The other pair hang down from the crossmember to the rear of the abutment plate.

I bought the abutment plate, rivnuts, screws and front cable from TPS. The rear cables came from Autodoc.

I suspect the missing items are:

7H0 711 453 - front rivetted hanging bracket
7H0 711 444 A - RH spring thing
7H0 711 443 A - LH spring thing

The front bracket is only a couple of £ so I don't mind getting one to see but the other 2 are nearly £20 each.

It was nice to find that the heatshields have all the required apertures so I didn't have to start hacking at them. Pity the rear chassis doesn't have the diff mountings. I'm hoping to find a small hole when I remove the original handbrake brackets.

Yes good post, thanks for that, well I have park, so not fussed if the handbrake is out of order for a bit, but I will get on and order them up.
What's concerning me is the last picture you posted, shows the prop carier bearing is sitting on a support, standing it off from underside of the floor pan....
I don't have that support bracket, I have the centre carrier bearing fitted on the prop of course, I couldn't find that bracket for reference on ETKA though ...
I must be having a senior moment ... have you got that bracket in your stash to be fitted ...?? where is that pic from ..?
cheers bud

I thought the support was part of the prop. The only info I found is this from here: Part 11 is just the repair kit so I assume it's only a bearing and maybe some rubber.

410521100.png

Although a quick look on ebay.de searching for T6 4motion cardan found this. Cheap enough to just buy.
Okay thanks just seen link

So Is that a LWB picture that shows the prop centre bearing support .....? Im guessing so ...
Also I have full running gear from a 17plate T6, Gen5.... I am guessing the ETKA drawing is earlier generation as my driveshafts mount on splines (piddly sketch but drawings usually follow the part form(not suffixed changes... h,j,k ... but unit drawing) where as this sketch shows 6bolt flange connection ... I don't have heat shields on mine according to etka also)

So let me get this right please, is this what you have swapped out ... ?
1x front inner handbrake cable
2x rear cables
2x midway brackets
1x abutment bracket + couple of rivnuts inserted
and a few clips to hold cables on rear arms ....

The old cable brackets are going between the inner rear arm mounts.....
Hopefully those x2 big holes line up for rear subframe mounts, captive nuts or welded nuts in brace across from both wheels.
Then the 3rd .. front mount... do you know if this is flush to the floorpan... or does it have some box section on 4mo's to sit it off the floorpan level ..?
(this is why I been bugging cordwallis commercials for a peek underneath one)

many thanks in advance bud .... rolla

Okay I just looked at them on egay.de..... that is for the earlier T5 4mo ...... mine is a late T5.1 ...... so everything is pertinent to a T6 rather than T5 on mine .....
thats why I asked if you knew any more about the pic you posted ... early ... lwb ... ?? cheers again

The last picture was via someone on here. I can't remember what van he had but the bearing mount does look like the rear one from a lwb prop.

In the photo looking rearward past the arb, the front mount on the diff subframe sits underneath the left hand handbrake bracket. I think I'll be making a plate with a nut welded on and sitting this inside the chassis rail with a couple of welds to hold it in place.

The rear arm brackets are original. Only the abutment plate has been added so far. I've ordered one of the cheap brackets, 7H0 711 453, to see what turns up.
So far the genuine front cable has been the most expensive part. Almost more than all the other bits combined.

Cool thanks for clarifying that.. yes looks lwb picture in my eyes.
Yes thats what i was gonna do, plate nut welded on it, just not got underneath at back yet… soon though.. thanks again

The flickr link in the 2nd post has quite a few photos around the 4motion drivetrain. Might spot something worthwhile.

Back