4Motion availability Australia

geoffg

Australian member
Volkswagen Australia seem to have removed all the 4Motion option Transporters and Crafters from the Build your own section of their web site.
Is it a glitch in their programming or are they telling us something. Is it the same in UK?

VW are also streamlining their options on vehicles soon to be replaced. You can no longer order a Tiguan with more than 150PS for example. Some say it is to get the overall emissions of vehicles for sale down, others say it's to focus on the vehicles that generate the most sales, or it could be a slow down in ICE production and give time to EV development.

I placed my order for a LWB TDI450 3.2T 4Motion Transporter with a dealer in November 2022 in Australia.
The dealer emailed today with this info.

We received this bulletin:

We wish to provide you with an important update on the availability of 4MOTION drivetrains across the T6.1 and Crafter models ranges.

Due to the high order numbers worldwide for our 4MOTION variants as well as continued disruptions in the supply chain, a global stop order for all T6.1 and Crafter variants with 4MOTION transmissions has unfortunately been put in place with immediate effect. As such we will not be accepting any new orders on T6.1 and Crafter with 4MOTION in the system.

Given the current lifecycle of the T6.1 as well as the current number of units in the order bank globally which are configured with the 4MOTION system we have been informed there is insufficient supply to match demand. For the Crafter 4MOTION, the anticipated return is currently open and we will continue to provide updates as they become available.

As a result, 4MOTION variants will be removed from offer with immediate effect across both the T6.1 and Crafter range.

Given that your order was place before the Cut off date of the 1st December 2022 we have been given the following:

• T6.1 and Crafter orders received and processed before 1.12.2022: The Factory will strive to produce them, however we cannot guarantee orders will be built before 2024.

Seems I just scraped in.

The sales guy at my dealer who has been selling VW vans about since he was a boy reckons they probably won’t reopen 4motion sales for the current ranges

Hi. Just joined the site.

FYI there are a few multivans coming to Australia in the next few months that were built before the cut off.

I just put a deposit on a LWB multivan with 4Motion and diff lock which is about to leave Germany and should arrive July.

Hi HossP
They initially advised my Transporter would be available in July. That has now slipped to April 2024

Hey Geoff,

I ordered my VW transporter 4motion in September 2022 through VW. I never heard anything from them and delivery was supposed to be Dec 2023 which obviously didn’t happen.
I contacted them and asked about it and was informed that my order looks like it won’t happen at all cause VW just isn’t making any right wheel drive 4motions anymore.

I was wondering how you ordered and who is contacting you?

Cheers,

Kyle.

Hi Kyle

I receive an email every month or so from the dealer saying the delivery date is still not been set.

I also received an email from Volkswagen Australia in November 2023 stating,

Due to severe weather events in Europe, specifically extreme rainfall and flooding in Slovenia, a key industry supplier has been forced to reduce their capacity. The supplier, which produces components for the Volkswagen Group is underway in resuming production, however timings have been impacted. As a result, we are experiencing extended delays across the Q4 production period which impacts the ETA of your new vehicle.

We apologise for this delay, our priority is to get your Transporter to you as soon as possible. We encourage you to stay in contact with your dealership for ongoing delivery updates.

It would be bad form to cancel an order this far down the track.

Geoff

It took 23 months for my 4 motion to arrive. ordered 21 received 23 , for my purposes it’s great on sand and hills , northwest spur this weekend good luck and fingers crossed for you !

Back