4Motion 4 Wheel Alignment after lowering with KW

Veedubd

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi Guys, hoping for a bit of advice regarding 4 wheel alignment following having had fitted @CRS Performance a set of KW STX coilovers, today i took van into local Hunter 4wheel alignment place, front camber is out both sides but more on drivers (sorry no printout) castor bang on toe needs adjustment, rears driver side just out and also toe needs adjusting, Steve @CRS Performance informed me that there was a little scope for camber adjustment on the fronts so van is booked in for sat morning now as they said they would need to put on another ramp to take weight off front to try and adjust so will be a bit of trial and error, any advice or suggestions so i can try and ensure im armed with the best possible knowledge? van is a T32 4motion and lowered around 50-55mm :thumbsup:

Info i have so far is to ensure alignment is set to 'no load' and to have full tank fuel etc, hopefully tomorrow will be a successful morning :thumbsup:

Ok so the results are... all showing within spec following adjustments this morning, according to garage they had spoken to their alignment manufacturer and gave them the van spec and also it was a Kombi with Ovano unit in back etc and they advised to set to 'Half Load' settings? not 100% on this as i was under impression it would be under 'no load' settings as i mentioned? Guy has asked for me to take back in couple weeks for them to check all is ok. One thing i have noticed since camber adjustment is that the drivers wheel seems to sit more upright and appears to sit further out to arch than passenger side? is this normal? camber printout shows -1*03' left and 0*10' right? specified range is -1*20' - 0*10' all is in but i think it may be due to the right side being 0*10 as opposed to -1*03 on left?

Unsure on the difference between both sides although in spec especially as i noticed the tyre sitting further out, and also the use of 'half load' settings?

It seems very hit and miss with these Hunter places.
I called in to my local place last week and he was determined that it was done half load. I tried to say that because the van is permanently this weight that it needs to be set to no load otherwise the alignment assumes that the weight will be removed and alters the settings to compensate.
Anyway, apparently he does loads of transporters and has never heard of this.
Also stated that it is not possible to adjust camber on either front or rear.
He had a few other ideas that I found odd. So I said that perhaps he wasn’t the place for me and left.
So, the search continues for a place to do my alignment.

No load should really be considered as normal load. So if your Ovano is usually in the van, then no load should be used.

The only time that half or full load settings should be used is if you turn up for alignment with weight in the van that wouldn’t normally be there.

Camber as standard cannot be adjusted front or rear. The KW T32 front struts (and therefore ST-X front struts) have an elongated upper hole in the bracket that mounts to the hub. This enables some front camber adjustment. Both the NS and OS wheels should really be adjusted to as close to the same number as each other as possible and as close to the centre of the allowable tolerance as possible.

Hi Guys, hoping for a bit of advice regarding 4 wheel alignment following having had fitted @CRS Performance a set of KW STX coilovers, today i took van into local Hunter 4wheel alignment place, front camber is out both sides but more on drivers (sorry no printout) castor bang on toe needs adjustment, rears driver side just out and also toe needs adjusting, Steve @CRS Performance informed me that there was a little scope for camber adjustment on the fronts so van is booked in for sat morning now as they said they would need to put on another ramp to take weight off front to try and adjust so will be a bit of trial and error, any advice or suggestions so i can try and ensure im armed with the best possible knowledge? van is a T32 4motion and lowered around 50-55mm :thumbsup:
The wheel alignment companies usually don’t adjust camber because it isn’t adjustable on a transporter.
Fitting the KW kit does allow for camber fine tuning as we explained. The top hole in the shock is slotted to allow for this .
This means you must tell them that the new shocks allow for camber adjustment and they must check it, it’s more work than usual so they are often reluctant, but they must check it .

Back