Heater stuck on 50/50 and wont change by moving the temperature knob

Dayoster

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Pro
iv realised today that my heater is stuck on 50/50 warmish air all the time. doesnt matter if you turn the temperature knob or the other knob for moving the air around,

im assuming its the temperature flap motor, as when i activate it on vcds theres no noise what so ever.

next question is, has anyone else had this problem and what was it?, and is it a full dash top out job to get to the motor, or can it be gotten to by removing dash vents around head unit aswell as the top and bottom glove boxes and headunit?

all help appreciated, many thanks

Have since noticed recirc is coming on and off whilst going down the road, even when sat still vcds is saying its going into automatic recirc mode

I haven't had that exact problem but do have the cold-or-hot-with-no-in-between-temperature, as well as hearing my climatic cycling between outlets, it often blowing out of a different vent to that selected. I think I caused this when I tried a different climatic unit prior to installing heated rear glass and heated seats - it seemed as though the change of unit (and subsequent change back) caused an issue.

VCDS scans show me the following faults (redacted):
Code:
          9473906 - Motor for Temperature Flap
          B108F 54 [009] - Missing Calibration / Basic Setting
          Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear

9475861 - Position Sensor for Temperature Flap Motor
          B1097 15 [009] - Open or Short to Plus

9476117 - Position Sensor for Defrost Flap Motor
          B1098 15 [009] - Open or Short to Plus

9472533 - Temperature Sensor for Evaporator Vent
          B108A 15 [009] - Open or Short to Plus
What do your scans show?

There was this thread which suggested it was a temp sensor at fault..
I've literally just had this repaired at VW under warranty for the exact same fault - it was a temperature sensor that was faulty

Failing that, a stuck rheostat/flapper?
I did find this when googling the fault codes.. the last few seconds show the flapper moving; does yours do this?

Ignore some of my last message - it turns out two of the three connectors in the back of the HVAC control unit were loose.. once plugged and locked back in, the air directional flaps work as they should and all faults disappear. Haven't run the van up to warm yet so cant comment on the cold-to-hot issue I had, but expect that is related to the above.

@CBR Blade this may be worth exploring with your issue.

Back