Skyliner33

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Legend
when I bought my van I was given 3 keys.
2 of them are the remote key fobs that work as expected.

I also received a ‘normal’ key. Non folding no big fob. What is the point of this key? If I open the door with this key the alarm goes off.

A fresh new hard copy of the key to get a blank key blade cut....

It will also get you into the van.

The other keys have an imob chip and RF part for the alarm and immobiliser..... but the key blades can be replaced.

I also received a ‘normal’ key. Non folding no big fob. What is the point of this key? If I open the door with this key the alarm goes off
Perhaps just a VW/dealer's lapse. I happened to select the 4 remote key fob option so didn't get the "surf key" - perhaps I got it right just by accident though I was expecting to get also the "surf key".
When the day comes that neither of your remotes work any more there possibly is a way to code the alarm differently ---> Bcu Central Electrics Module 09 Byte Screen Shots (haven't tried - yet :sneaky:)

when I bought my van I was given 3 keys.
2 of them are the remote key fobs that work as expected.

I also received a ‘normal’ key. Non folding no big fob. What is the point of this key? If I open the door with this key the alarm goes off.
It’s very easy to lock your keys in the van, as we’ve found out. So we had a couple of surf keys cut at timpsons. As you say, they set the alarm off as soon as you unlock the door as they don’t have the transponder in them. But they get you back in the van.

My surf key has a transponder in it, alarm will go off when unlocking but putting key into ignition so the immobiliser turns off resets the alarm

upload_2019-8-18_8-21-15.png

I like to use the surf key when I go windsurfing but it’s a pain when the alarm goes off opening the door. Does the Bit 5 delay above give you a chance to disable the alarm before the siren goes off?

To me it looks like it will either go off when unlocked even if the door isn't opened, or go ff immediately the door is opened, so no I dont think you can delay.

I was hoping that "bit 3" would turn the alarm to go off after 15 seconds - as it was in e.g. Golf years back. But, no it didn't work like that on T6, or the delay is set to none.

I think the adaptation below is what we are wishing for. Unfortunately if one exists on T6, it's not documented in VCDS or OBDeleven.
upload_2019-8-18_14-41-26.png
For T6 module 09=BCM in VCDS are only 26 adaptation channels documented. However, T6 actually responds on 92 channels (of range 00-99), which leaves us a challenge/possibility to play with unknown 66 adaptation channels.

I was hoping that "bit 3" would turn the alarm to go off after 15 seconds - as it was in e.g. Golf years back. But, no it didn't work like that on T6, or the delay is set to none.

I think the adaptation below is what we are wishing for. Unfortunately if one exists on T6, it's not documented in VCDS or OBDeleven.
View attachment 49169
For T6 module 09=BCM in VCDS are only 26 adaptation channels documented. However, T6 actually responds on 92 channels (of range 00-99), which leaves us a challenge/possibility to play with unknown 66 adaptation channels.
That’s exactly what I was thinking of, shame it won’t work on the T6!
C’mon VW, it’s a surf van:rolleyes:

Reactions: mmi
Bit of a thread resurrection here but I have accidentally found something relevant to the alarm actuation and the surf key.
When I lock the van with the surf key and then need to get back in a minute later (getting forgetful) the alarm doesn’t go off. As before if I lock it and go windsurfing when I come back an hour later the alarm goes off.
Would still like to find a way to disable the alarm or delay the siren when unlocking with the surf key.

Reactions: mmi
I think it can be configured with VCDS, it’s something I need to look at too.

Back