3d Printed handle wanted

kn0bby

T6 Guru
So....

I have 3D printer but no good at using the design software.

Who’s good at designing but doesn’t have a 3D printer?

Also don’t mind printing stuff for other members FOC (depending on size lol)

I need a little handle designed.

Thanks

Dave.

I have been thinking about 3D printing for this reason.

I am debating if to get the ply floor with the circular cut outs for the load strapping point, but thought it may look 'unfinished'.
My idea was to 3D print a blanking plug that either looked ok, or could be covered with the same material as the rest of the floor but easily removable if a load needed to be secured.
(A bit like the plastic things to go on a desk where the computer cables etc go through.)

I have been thinking about 3D printing for this reason.

I am debating if to get the ply floor with the circular cut outs for the load strapping point, but thought it may look 'unfinished'.
My idea was to 3D print a blanking plug that either looked ok, or could be covered with the same material as the rest of the floor but easily removable if a load needed to be secured.
(A bit like the plastic things to go on a desk where the computer cables etc go through.)

You can buy these pal.. something like Desk Top blanks, type for cable route. If I am thinking right??.

Nice one chaps.. Thank you..

I'll get some measurements of the handle I want..

If anyone else wants anything printing let me know.

which printer did you go for? I have a Tevo tarantula with lots of mods and a stock CR-10S which is great straight out of the box... I mainly use mine for movie bits for my media room but the Bro in law has used his for his splitty to make a few odd spare bits.

I’ve got the Flashforge finder. It’s only a cheapy one but it does the job.

Most things we’ve printed are Star Wars parts lol

Here is the hole..

The insert needs to be 20mm deep with a surround of 10mm ish..

Anyone fancy a crack at it?

hole.jpg

ok solidworks will chuck out stl no probs. Do you have any kind of handle in mind? as in what movement do you need to do? a pull push? or hinge type? as in what is this handle going to be moving?

and can you get behind this grey thing? is it a panel? would you want two parts that can fix together taking the grey bit (a panel?) in sandwhich?

@Tourershine’s post on the other topic got me thinking about this... how easy / hard is it for someone to scan an item and then reprint it, particularly if you want the item printed in the opposing form (scanning say, a left handle and then flipping it so a right handle is printed)?

Back