3d Printing

kn0bby

VIP Member
T6 Guru
So....

I have 3D printer but no good at using the design software.

Who’s good at designing but doesn’t have a 3D printer?

Also don’t mind printing stuff for other members FOC (depending on size lol)

I need a little handle designed.

Thanks

Dave.

Skyliner33

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Legend
I have been thinking about 3D printing for this reason.

I am debating if to get the ply floor with the circular cut outs for the load strapping point, but thought it may look 'unfinished'.
My idea was to 3D print a blanking plug that either looked ok, or could be covered with the same material as the rest of the floor but easily removable if a load needed to be secured.
(A bit like the plastic things to go on a desk where the computer cables etc go through.)

Fish

VIP Member
T6 Legend
I have been thinking about 3D printing for this reason.

I am debating if to get the ply floor with the circular cut outs for the load strapping point, but thought it may look 'unfinished'.
My idea was to 3D print a blanking plug that either looked ok, or could be covered with the same material as the rest of the floor but easily removable if a load needed to be secured.
(A bit like the plastic things to go on a desk where the computer cables etc go through.)
You can buy these pal.. something like Desk Top blanks, type for cable route. If I am thinking right??.

kn0bby

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Nice one chaps.. Thank you..

I'll get some measurements of the handle I want..

If anyone else wants anything printing let me know.

zombie_T6

T6 Guru
which printer did you go for? I have a Tevo tarantula with lots of mods and a stock CR-10S which is great straight out of the box... I mainly use mine for movie bits for my media room but the Bro in law has used his for his splitty to make a few odd spare bits.

kn0bby

VIP Member
T6 Guru
I’ve got the Flashforge finder. It’s only a cheapy one but it does the job.

Most things we’ve printed are Star Wars parts lol

kn0bby

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Here is the hole..

The insert needs to be 20mm deep with a surround of 10mm ish..

Anyone fancy a crack at it?

hole.jpg

scotia

T6 Guru
ok solidworks will chuck out stl no probs. Do you have any kind of handle in mind? as in what movement do you need to do? a pull push? or hinge type? as in what is this handle going to be moving?

and can you get behind this grey thing? is it a panel? would you want two parts that can fix together taking the grey bit (a panel?) in sandwhich?

Ads_Essex

Local lowlife
VIP Member
T6 Legend
@Tourershine’s post on the other topic got me thinking about this... how easy / hard is it for someone to scan an item and then reprint it, particularly if you want the item printed in the opposing form (scanning say, a left handle and then flipping it so a right handle is printed)?