3D Printed Windscreen Solar Blanket Attachment Clips

That’s a good idea, an extra bit of solar using part of the van you’re going to cover anyway. I like it :thumbsup:

Not loading for me on any device - looks like a website issue specific to that item.

Pete

The thingiverse website is a complete hit and miss about when it chooses to generate a preview.

The clips are very simple and quick to print. They just hook over the corner of the glass and have a hole that is sufficient to easily run some shock cord through. I don't have any photos of them on the van unfortunately, I forgot to take some when I was fitting it last night.

Windscreen Clips.PNG

So I got the solar panel back out yesterday to setup the wiring and grabbed a few pics of these clips.

The blanket has a bit of weight to it so I don't think it needs to be attached too firmly, have why I have just put some loose loops at the bottom. Time will tell if I need to replace this with some tensioned attachments to the bonnet hinges.

2020-12-12 11.05.50.jpg

2020-12-12 11.06.01.jpg

2020-12-12 11.10.48.jpg

So I got the solar panel back out yesterday to setup the wiring and grabbed a few pics of these clips.

The blanket has a bit of weight to it so I don't think it needs to be attached too firmly, have why I have just put some loose loops at the bottom. Time will tell if I need to replace this with some tensioned attachments to the bonnet hinges.

View attachment 94810

View attachment 94811

View attachment 94812
That’s clever! Sometimes the simplest of things....!

Back