3D Printed Kombi Floor Seat Bracket Blanks

I designed a VW logo to go into the load lashing points. I will try dig the files out at some point and some pictures.

Hi Pete,

if you're still doing those seat blanks I'd like 12 please.
Please PM me with the price including postage to UK mainland.

Skoti

Sorry, not doing these any more.
There may be someone else with a printer who can help out.

Pete

Firstly thanks to the original designer of these.

I sent the file to a friend to print, he couldn’t help himself and redesigned them and added a texture to the top to match the surround and make them look as oem as possible. Turned out great, if anyone would like the file let me know and I can share it here.

D87CD0A2-A634-46C4-89D5-46F833FE91FD.jpeg

8741150E-679F-475B-9831-9E37F22C3748.jpeg

D2ED9D09-BD79-403F-A93D-60BC590EA226.jpeg

Firstly thanks to the original designer of these.

I sent the file to a friend to print, he couldn’t help himself and redesigned them and added a texture to the top to match the surround and make them look as oem as possible. Turned out great, if anyone would like the file let me know and I can share it here.

View attachment 156481

View attachment 156482

View attachment 156483
Very nice!

Maybe you could upload the srt file into this thread like Surfbus1 did originally?

I bought the van-x covers, but they're useless.

The clips are very poor and all four I had in place ended up with snapped clips due to the design of these covers sitting on top for the bracket.

You undoubtedly end up stepping on them at some point due to them being a cover versus an insert and the slightest pressure in any direction causes the holding clip to snap.

I own one set of four that all clips are snapped and a second set that I didn't put in after removing the other seat... Money well spent.

Sorry for the long delay on this guys waited ages to get the file from my friend.

Sincere thanks to the OP and your mate for the updated version.

I have downloaded the file and tried to get a few online quotes. surfacescan.co.uk seem pretty reasonable on price but their online system is asking me question I don't know the answer to and any advice would be very welcome. FDM or SLA? Infill rate?

Cheers

Sincere thanks to the OP and your mate for the updated version.

I have downloaded the file and tried to get a few online quotes. surfacescan.co.uk seem pretty reasonable on price but their online system is asking me question I don't know the answer to and any advice would be very welcome. FDM or SLA? Infill rate?

Cheers
FDM and SLA are the type of 3D print method.

FDM (Fused deposition modeling) is the most common method, especially with home users. It's essentially the type you see where a heated nozzle is deploying molten filament onto a print bed.

SLA (stereolithography) is the more involved version of 3D print where a bed flooded with resin is cured via laser.

Infill rate is essentially how solid you require the part (I often prototype a design in 20% or less infill in order to save time and filament).

The greater the Infill, the longer the print will take, more filament will be used but it will be more robust than a lesser infill (depending on the part design, filament type and print orientation).

FDM and SLA are the type of 3D print method.

FDM (Fused deposition modeling) is the most common method, especially with home users. It's essentially the type you see where a heated nozzle is deploying molten filament onto a print bed.

SLA (stereolithography) is the more involved version of 3D print where a bed flooded with resin is cured via laser.

Infill rate is essentially how solid you require the part (I often prototype a design in 20% or less infill in order to save time and filament).

The greater the Infill, the longer the print will take, more filament will be used but it will be more robust than a lesser infill (depending on the part design, filament type and print orientation).
Fantastic, thanks Foggy.

Do you think FDM with 100% infill will be sufficient for these?

Cheers

Back