3 Individual Lighting Areas

fatskater

Wonder if anyone can help?, if you wanted to use the existing light circuit to have 3 separate switched light areas can you use the same wires.

I.e
1. Connect the red/black to the +ve on all the lights.
2. Connect the common pin on each individual switch to the -ve on each individual light set.
3. Connect the brown/black (switched -ve) to position 1 all three switch’s
4. Connect brown (permanent -ve) to position 2 of all three switch’s

I’m not doing a camper conversion, and would want the lights to time out if left on, i have three rows of seats as I have just had my 4th daughter. So it’s mainly to be able to switch lights on at night/ driving at night if required. 2 lights above 2nd row, 2 lights above 3rd row with two switches in driver b pillar and 2 lights in tailgate with switch in the back. I would like them to switch off incase they are left on, like current courtesy lights work.

I have looked through as many down lighter internal lighting threads over the last few years here but cannot see the same issue I would like to solve. the fact I am not going to do a camper and I haven’t got an aux battery.
I have read through the totally amazing @Deaky build thread and also @Dellmassive many useful threads but I’m. It sure if my solution would work.

2BB99ACF-37E4-4E34-B6B3-EA268ACACDA9.jpeg

yep (what @Deaky said) looks good:

though: 3. Connect the brown/black (switched -ve) to position 1 all three switch’s - maybe brown/red colour wire

***************************************************************************************
Factory Non-LED 3 wire setup:

(brown) - earth point left a-pilar
(brown/red) - connection 1 main harness (BCM switched neg 0v)
(red/black) - positive connection 1 main harness (BCM timed +12v) ( 7.5A fuse 24 holder C)
****************************************************************************************

Led Rear Interior Lights - How I Done It.

I just took a +and - from the bulb wires in the middle existing light to the middle extra lights and the same to the rear lights so the work as the existing and can be turned off or on by using the existing fitting . Have remove bulb from the existing and don’t have lights in the tail gate yet. It works ok for me .

Ok. But I wanted to be able to switch mine on or off whilst driving as I know what it’s like with my girls in the back, dropping something and can’t see and having a big hissy fit. They all fairly young 10, 5, 3 and 4months and in car seats so couldn't reach the existing ceiling switches.

do you have the problem with the leds glowing when all switched off as have heard all things from bulb monitoring to Vw having to do an update.

Back