3 bike rack T6 with barn doors

NippyT69

Hello! I have just purchased a VW camper T6 with barn doors. Looking for a 3 bike rack for the back. Any suggestions please? Thank you

Hello! I have just purchased a VW camper T6 with barn doors. Looking for a 3 bike rack for the back. Any suggestions please? Thank you
Hi @NippyT69 I have a Thule hang on 4 (they also do a 3 bike version) you will need a tow bar though. I like the fact that it folds up quite compactly when not in use so you can hang on a garage wall etc.

You need a tow bar for 3 bikes on a barn door T6.

Pete

The altera strada evo takes 3. Its the only bike rack on the market that slides back far enough to open the doors. 100k on mine with not 1 issue

Hi, thought I’d just piggy back on to this thread rather than starting a new one.

Same boat here….looking for a bike rack suitable to carry 3 bikes (2 adults 1 child) on a T6 barn door with spoiler. Am I right in suggesting I’m best to go down the tow bar route?

Mine doesn’t have a tow bar but I’ll get one anyways, quoted £475 for 13pin, £445 for 7 pin, supplied and fitted. Does that seem reasonable? What’s the difference in pins as my disco sport was 7 pin…..

Back to the bike carrier….it’ll be used occasionally so something that’s relatively easy to come off and my rear barnies will rarely be opened as the conversation comes right to the back doors. Any recommendations as I’ve looked as seems a huge price comparison in price and doesn’t help that I’m not really sure what I’m looking for

Thanks in advance

Back