2WD Off Road

Mojo

Photographer
T6 Guru
Just wondering what owners of non-4motion vans think of their vans abilities over wet grass / campsites etc. as I keep wondering if I should have added that to the spec.??

I had no issues with a T5 on Grass/campsites. Although I've gone a 4 Motion this time as I do a lot of travel to the Alps.

My T5 was fine on wet grass, suppose it's how you drive it, high revs dump the clutch and your going to bog down, managed to get out of Glastonbury this year no problem and that was a mud fest!
However 4motion ordered on the new van

Mine has been fine.... Was staying in a remote cottage in the middle of the forest on France down a very soft sand road... No issues.

My T5 was horrendous in the snow, understeering all over the place but was probably due to the 275 tyre width.

I really don't like FWD so specced 4motion more to be non FWD than any massive need for mega grip. I do think a FWD 204 would torque/understeer a lot though.

I've had my 4motion stuck a few times, 1st time it was a ground out situation and the second was wet bog, it fought well but was unable to clear the mud from the 19" SUV road biased tyre.

Will be interesting to see what it's like come November time when I put the all terrain 17 "s on.

Back