2nd Leisure Battery

DPDP

Looking to connect an extra battery....in-line so I have longer time before I have to get battery charged while wild camping. See attached pics this is the one in the van at the moment but dont recognise the brand....any ideas? I the 85 AH version. Is it correct I have to have the same brand and power to connect them in-line?

20190713_155346.jpg

It is recommended that both batteries are the same type, age and capacity

I'm no Battery expert but I can do a good Google Search, An image search of that battery returned no results. I would question the quality of the battery. Adding a different battery to this one will probably give a poor performance. As Deaky says both batteries should be the same type and capacity to get the best performance. or just go for 1 higher capacity battery.

I'm no Battery expert but I can do a good Google Search, An image search of that battery returned no results. I would question the quality of the battery. Adding a different battery to this one will probably give a poor performance. As Deaky says both batteries should be the same type and capacity to get the best performance. or just go for 1 higher capacity battery.
Thanks Bobbych for your help I couldn't find it either. Will probably go down the route of a larger battery.

so I have longer time before I have to get battery charged while wild camping.

I have seen many a wild camper lugging a 70ah leisure battery up the mountain to keep the fridge & heater going all night.

Looking to purchase 2 130 ah liesure batteries to run in parallel. Im having problems finding some that will fit in the existing space. They need to fit within a space 300mm wide 260 high
400 deep any help and recommendations would be much appreciated.

If you don't want to spend £800 for one lithium battery, then do you really need the 130Ah rated AGMs

Plenty of 115Ah AGMs around that will fit in that space....

These lead acids may fit @130Ah but not sure on the quality of them... Lead acids are generally considered lower performance than AGM's which in turn are lower performance than the Lithiums

12V 130AH Xplorer™ Leisure Battery

Last edited:
Back