285/60/18 off road tyre

Dannyb6467

VIP Member
T6 Legend
hi there
I’m thinking of changing my 17” Devonports and wanted to match a specific tyre to a wheel.
I want to fit a cooper zeon LTZ 285/60/18.
Is this size possible on the van?
What size wheel do I need?
It’s to fit my 17 plate 4 motion t32 kombi
Not too worried about the wheels being van rated ( or should I be )
If it’s all possible I’m selling my wheels and tyres, just done 300 mikes.
Cheers.
Dan.

You should be worried about the tyres being load rated. With a T32 you need a load rating of at least 103. Anything less and you may find your insurance void and you definitely will not pass an MOT.

Genuine VW 18’s come with 255/45/18 tyres if that’s any help. www.willtheyfit.com is a good place to check.

Cheers deaky
It’s a minefield especially being new to the t6 world.
I used to have the zeon ltz tyres on a discovery and they were brilliant in the mud and snow (we live very rural 1400ft up) but they also lasted 40k even with towing a caravan.
I know there are other tyres available but really wanted to match the tyre to the wheel to the van so to speak.
What about good companies to ask? Any idea?
Cheers.

hi there
I’m thinking of changing my 17” Devonports and wanted to match a specific tyre to a wheel.
I want to fit a cooper zeon LTZ 285/60/18.
Is this size possible on the van?
What size wheel do I need?
It’s to fit my 17 plate 4 motion t32 kombi
Not too worried about the wheels being van rated ( or should I be )
If it’s all possible I’m selling my wheels and tyres, just done 300 mikes.
Cheers.
Dan.
These tyres are huge, where have you come up with this size? It is 55mm larger on all sides, so the van sits 55mm higher, and the arch gap reduces 55mm etc etc. 13.5% bigger on rolling radius etc etc. Siekel fit some big tyres but blimey....
Even if you have got a 204 remapped to 250bhp, I think you would need a gear lowering kit for 1st and 2nd gear maybe; and a recalibrate speedo, as you will be 10mph out at 60mph. The up-gearing will really change the way the vans drives, in a bad way
Delta fit some large tyres, and I have also, but I would suggest that 255/55/18's (7.5% gearing - 25mm ) are as big as you would want to go imo, without some serious engineering input.
Just a thought?

These tyres are huge, where have you come up with this size? It is 55mm larger on all sides, so the van sits 55mm higher, and the arch gap reduces 55mm etc etc. 13.5% bigger on rolling radius etc etc. Siekel fit some big tyres but blimey....
Even if you have got a 204 remapped to 250bhp, I think you would need a gear lowering kit for 1st and 2nd gear maybe; and a recalibrate speedo, as you will be 10mph out at 60mph. The up-gearing will really change the way the vans drives, in a bad way
Delta fit some large tyres, and I have also, but I would suggest that 255/55/18's (7.5% gearing - 25mm ) are as big as you would want to go imo, without some serious engineering input.
Just a thought?
Mmm sounds like a rethink...I think.
Would a 255/55/19 be a better bet our would I be in the same situation?

Mmm sounds like a rethink...I think.
Would a 255/55/19 be a better bet our would I be in the same situation?
255/50/19 is the same od size as 255/55/18, probably as big as you would want.
Have you lowered the van?

255/50/19 is the same od size as 255/55/18, probably as big as you would want.
Have you lowered the van?
No mate, it’s still a stock van. Not knowing anything about tyres and wheels it’s the tyre choice that’s driving this. The zeon ltz is a fantastic tyre and really hope I can get this tyre on the van. The tyre only comes in limited sizes though. Brain fizzled with this. Looking forward to the T world though.

No mate, it’s still a stock van. Not knowing anything about tyres and wheels it’s the tyre choice that’s driving this. The zeon ltz is a fantastic tyre and really hope I can get this tyre on the van. The tyre only comes in limited sizes though. Brain fizzled with this. Looking forward to the T world though.
That's a serious tyre, what did you have them fitted on before?

I had 255/55/19 on a Disco 4. Perhaps im doing this the wrong way around though....the tyres were so good id hoped to fit the same pattern albeit a different size to the T6.
I think wheels 1st then find a suitable all terrain tyre. Typically we have 4" of snow this morning and im wondering how the original tyres are going to cope getting down and back up the track....so to wheels...id like Black or Grey or something dark as the truck is White, 18s to fill the arch a bit more than the 17s and so given this any suggestions on a wheel choice? Load rated too.

You should be worried about the tyres being load rated. With a T32 you need a load rating of at least 103. Anything less and you may find your insurance void and you definitely will not pass an MOT.
Hiya
Will t5.1 t30 get away with 101?
Thanks...

Back