245/40/20 103 load rating ?

DCC

Sure I read somewhere a while ago that there is such a tyre as 245/40/20 with a 103 load rating.

Anybody know what this may be ?

Bought a set of Amarok Talca alloys for my T6. Had 245/40 20 load rated tyres fitted all round as was under the impression 245 was the widest for 8j. The spokes on the alloys protrude way beyond the tyres. Does anyone have these wheels on and which tyres have you got?
Many thanks.

Cantaras are the same. I've got 255's and putting a straight edge across the tyres shows that the spokes stick out. You just need to be mindful of it, that's all.

Thanks for your reply.
Unfortunately the road I live in is narrow with parallel parking. Without some level of protection from the tyres it’s only a matter of time before I catch the alloys.
Will have to look at alternative alloys.

Thanks for your reply.
Unfortunately the road I live in is narrow with parallel parking. Without some level of protection from the tyres it’s only a matter of time before I catch the alloys.
Will have to look at alternative alloys.
I don't think 20" wheels are for you under the circumstances, a protruding tyre will protect from only the very gentlest of bumps, if its inevitable you'll scrape a wheel you'll want a combination which give the tyre a higher sidewall than the kerb.

I don't think 20" wheels are for you under the circumstances, a protruding tyre will protect from only the very gentlest of bumps, if its inevitable you'll scrape a wheel you'll want a combination which give the tyre a higher sidewall than the kerb.
I was originally looking at 19's until these genuine wheels came along. Think maybe I should go back to that plan and find a set with a flatter or concave profile. Every day's a school day.

Has anyone tried the Powertrac 245/40/20 103 load rated tyres?

Currently torn between 20 inch 255/35 and 245/40 with a 103 load rating! For a 9J rim

Last edited:
Has anyone tried the new Powertrac 245/40/20 103 load rated tyres?

Currently torn between 20 inch 255/35 and 245/40 with a 103 load rating! For a 9J rim

A quick Google reveals a lot of reviews, very few of the reviews are good, most are dreadful. (Edit; no, I was wrong. I can't find a good review)

Here's one from a T6 owner, lots of reviews talk of bulges appearing in the side walls;

Given 39% while driving a Volkswagen Transporter (225/35 R20) on mostly motorways for 10,000 average miles
Started having an issue with judder from nearside front on a long trip to South coast, thought I had wheel balance issue.
Took it into a local garage on my return only to find huge bulges on the inside edge of tyre, could have been nasty at 70mph plus!!!
Bought this VW Transporter with these crappy Powertrac Cityracing tyres from a V.W. dealership in Leeds which I am a little surprised about.
Having tyres changed immediately and will try sending an invoice to the V.W. dealership to cover the cost.
Helpful 0 - tyre reviewed on November 14, 2023

Back