230v sockets in parallel - advice

Graeme_B

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hey - was hoping somebody could offer some advice as to best way to wire up sockets from the consumer unit?

Consumer unit is under the driver seat and I will have a single socket at base of passenger B-pillar, then 2 on driver side near C-pillar and at rear of van near the tail gate.

Is it just a case of wiring to the B-pillar socket with wring from the socket up the B-Pillar and round the back of van (keeps it separate from the 12v cabling going up the driver B-pillar) or have 2 cables running from the consumer unit (one to passenger B-pillar and other up driver B-pillar)?

The way I see it both would work but want to understand if there is a benefits to one over the other or another better option?

Cheers

What consumer unit do you have ? As some have a bus bar for additional sockets such as the cbe

You could wire a couple in I suppose on the one trip, that’s why I went with the cbe much better system in my opinion the trip feeds an out let bus bar to connect onto

Thanks @Niknak. I think I'll go with the option of routing up the passenger B pillar and around the back as its 240v a little additional cable won't harm and seems cleaner having single wire into MCB.

Back