-21°c sunset and the van performs great.

Only on my IPhone it was really that spectacular

CFFD55A9-0AF5-4895-A88D-5D88A756644D.jpeg

-35 upset it though I needed a battery booster the TPMS wanted resetting the header tank coolant went slushy and the DRLs kept pinging faults was ok once running but the wipers are ruined after freezing to the windscreen

Holy moly, does that say -35?
Yep it was absolutely evil cold the front door latches froze I got in through the sliding door I needed a lithium battery booster it cranked but too slow to fire up as battery was frozen took me a while to defrost it and get heater working

Yep it was absolutely evil cold the front door latches froze I got in through the sliding door I needed a lithium battery booster it cranked but too slow to fire up as battery was frozen took me a while to defrost it and get heater working

What an amazing experience. As mad as it sounds, i'm jealous, i'd love to experience those kind of temperatures just to see what they feel like.

That's staggering. How's the T6 performing? I had to just Google what temp diesel freezes.

it seens better in Adblue use up here I guess it’s frozen

Well i'm impressed, i've been all over Europe in my MH, but I always hunt out the hot weather because my wife wouldn't do temps as low as that, but i'd love to! You will have to do a report on how the van was during such extreme temp drops.

That's staggering. How's the T6 performing? I had to just Google what temp diesel freezes.

The diesel is different it’s arctic diesel as long as you drive the van up you are ok if you fill it in uk and truck it up you will be in trouble!

I know VW test the vehicles a bit lower down than where I am in Mounio in Finland so I’m pretty confident in mine it’s got no mods on it only brighter headlight bulbs and apart from the one day at -35 it’s started unassisted and run like it’s in UK it makes horrible groaning and creaking noises from the suspension below -25 though and the side sliding windows creak with ice in the grooves

Oh and I have proper winter tyres on it!

I’m working in Sweden and Finland testing snow tyres in ice and snow conditions this year the T6 is developing tyres for a UK company I have another 4 weeks then off to Spain to test the wet and dry performance
Sounds like a brilliant job Ray. Let me know if you need a co driver :thumbsup:

image.jpeg Off to the northern Swedish/Finnish border soon, -23 last we looked.
Had similar temperatures in Yllas when with the children....it went mild to -7 and my teenage son wore a t shirt to the shops!!!
Go north of the Arctic Circle in winter to get away from phones and people and to see those views. Man hasn't screwed it up yet.

Back