204 t6 small turbo help

Jonp40210

Hi all

I have a t6 204 35k with a small turbo not working

I have checked all the actuators and they hold pressure

But

I can't see the one at the very top, I can't see the arm move as there is no visibility to see it.

The other two I can see and they hold pressure and move perfectly.

Comes up with underboost

All other sensors are giving perfect readings according to the rolling road company.

I put it on there to get live data readings and also I know the chap and he is sound.

He said this morning there is no small turbo working.

Would this be the top actuator, the flap between the two turbos ?

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks
Jon

Hi loz

Glad you replied as I noticed you seem to be the main man at everyone's issues.

So I can see no 13 and 9 moving and holding pressure.
They also move on start up.

As for no 4 you can't see the arm from under the van.
I belive it holds pressure and I can't see if the arm is moving or not

Could this cause my issue.

It has no boost at all under 2300rpm and then all of a sudden it takes off like a rocket.

Chris at performance remap in Gloucester has rang this morning saying there is no turbo boost at all on the small turbo.

Map maf and the usual stuff is all perfect

What you thinking

Thanks
Jon

>Glad you replied as I noticed you seem to be the main man at everyone's issues.
Not just me, there are many who contribute, but I do try and tease out as much information as I can to help others respond.

As the wastegate would normally be closed I would guess it is stuck open or the turbo seized.
if the actuator is holding the wastegate open (stuck vacuum) you could disconnect the actuator hose from the solenoid it would allow the actuator to close?

>Glad you replied as I noticed you seem to be the main man at everyone's issues.
Not just me, there are many who contribute, but I do try and tease out as much information as I can to help others respond.

As the wastegate would normally be closed I would guess it is stuck open or the turbo seized.
if the actuator is holding the wastegate open (stuck vacuum) you could disconnect the actuator hose from the solenoid it would allow the actuator to close?
Alright loz

As I suspected, the small turbo shaft had snapped in half.

So new turbos it is

Thanks for your help

Jon

Back