204 DSG Euro 6 MPG

Its the only thing that dissapointed me about my 150 dsg T6.
I run it completely empty and drive it like an old granny, but I can barely get over 400 miles to a tank. Each time it regens, ( usually twice a tank full ), it loses about 40 miles of range. ( 80 miles per tank ). This equates to about 30 mpg.
My 2015, 160ps Vivaro is my main site workhorse, carrys around 400kgs of kit constantly and returns around 38mpg.
Even my old T5 174 remapped to 200bhp carrying 400kgs managed an average of 33mpg.
I'm hoping the mpg improves with more milage, but I'm not holding my breath.
That's terrible, I've never had less than 500 miles a tankfull from mine!

Reactions: .50
I'm hoping the mpg improves with more milage, but I'm not holding my breath.

It won't improve. 25k on mine and I still get turd to the gallon.
Bigger insult is the tsi petrol engines are getting the same mpg but remap to 300bhp.

Reactions: .50
It won't improve. 25k on mine and I still get turd to the gallon.
Bigger insult is the tsi petrol engines are getting the same mpg but remap to 300bhp.

The type of person who remaps a van to 300bhp, is the type of person who would attempt to use it. Good luck in trying to get into the teens mpg wise.

The type of person who remaps a van to 300bhp, is the type of person who would attempt to use it. Good luck in trying to get into the teens mpg wise.

Not really. It's nice to have the power. Everything I own had been remapped. Even stuck a supercharger onto my prelude. Still get get the same mpg. However option is open for more fun.........I mean loss of traction and understeer.

Its not the end of the world as the T6 is for light duty work and wont be doing many miles per year.
But you can phisically see the fuel guage drop. I did a journey the other day that was no more than 20 miles. When I started the needle was one mark over the half tank mark, and when I finished it was one mark under.
I think I could get to mid 400 miles if it didn't regen so much.
Sorry I know its not a 204 as OP mentioned.

First vehicle I have owned where im calways conscious of amount of fuel in it.

Well i keep checking mine each time i fill up (V Power) it never seems to change from between 29-30 mpg.
Done just under 2000 miles now. 204 dsg 4 motion re mapped to 250 @ Pendle.
Doing a decent run up to Huddersfield and back tomorrow. Maybe it will get better ??
Dave.

Well i keep checking mine each time i fill up (V Power) it never seems to change from between 29-30 mpg.
Done just under 2000 miles now. 204 dsg 4 motion re mapped to 250 @ Pendle.
Doing a decent run up to Huddersfield and back tomorrow. Maybe it will get better ??
Dave.
Hi Dave, I have similar running gear to you, 204/dsg/4motion and I get the same mpg.
Really interested in your pendle map, could you give me any feedback on the map?, good points/bad points etc thanks in anticiption

Last edited:
Back