2030- no petrol or diesel- What would you buy now?

If you're buying it as a camper why on earth would you want to be in the middle of a city anyway.....

I want to be as far away from the city as possible in my camper... :thumbsup:

Last edited:
If you're buying it as a camper why on earth would you want to be in the middle of a city anyway.....

I want to be as far away from the city as possible in my camper... :thumbsup:

So another pointless argument in not going for it....
In your opinion ...
And it isn't an argument, it's a consideration. Sorry to waste your time.

Banning diesels from selective parts of cities could make tradespeoples jobs tricky

glad I don’t live near a city
I agree but the answer is to add £1000 to every job quote in an area where diesel engines are banned, explaining that you have to include a fee to purchase a van that can go to that address. If everybody did that some people's enthusiasm for a diesel ban might just be dampened.

In your opinion ...
And it isn't an argument, it's a consideration. Sorry to waste your time.

I understand the tradesman issue and sympathise with them... there should be some kind of exemption for registered business users in inner city.. i think this is already the case in London City Centre...

However regarding T6 / T6.1 as a camper if thats his plan.... then not many people will want a camper to be driving through built up congested smog riddled concrete jungles... well i don't think so anyway... and of course its just my opinion.... and i'm very often wrong...

congested smog riddled concrete jungles
I just love a bit of emotive language!!!
"It were a pea souper, couldn't see a hand in front of yer face, the smog were that bad, cars nose to tail from Westminster to Warminster, belching out more smog....."

I understand the tradesman issue and sympathise with them... there should be some kind of exemption for registered business users in inner city.. i think this is already the case in London City Centre...

or Amazon could pay their taxes (bearing in mind how many of their lorry's use public roads) and that money could be used as some sort of 'green grant' for the tradesmen in London (other cities)

I think Covid's shown us that there is money in the coffer's if it's needed.

Huge infrastructure projects require long term commitment, investment and continuity. Democratic government and PLCs are all about short term re-election prospects and share holder sentiment. Don’t expect a miracle anytime soon.

Back