2021 camping in Cornwall

Landyspeed

VIP Member
I hope this is ok posting .....I spent so long researching campsites which ticked the box , beach, kids dogs etc etc that in the end last year filled up so quick we couldn’t get the weeks we wanted anyway we have taken the plunge and pre booked for 2021 at McDonald’s farm in Cornwall.
The new owners Nick and Lisa have a t6 and are super friendly I wish them all the best they have fab ideas to make it a great family and doggy friendly campsite

I hope this is ok posting .....I spent so long researching campsites which ticked the box , beach, kids dogs etc etc that in the end last year filled up so quick we couldn’t get the weeks we wanted anyway we have taken the plunge and pre booked for 2021 at McDonald’s farm in Cornwall.
The new owners Nick and Lisa have a t6 and are super friendly I wish them all the best they have fab ideas to make it a great family and doggy friendly campsite
That’s exactly what this subforum is for!

Did you read the small print though? You have to do a review and post some pics :think smile bounce:

Ooops sorry we went down during October half term and met with Lisa and nick , they are doing a lot of renovation so diggers and piles of mud might not be the best review
It had the feeling of a nice place to go so I thought I’d share it to give them a boost and other members a chance to research location etc but happy to delete if you think I should likewise , no worries .
The only photos I have are a google maps screenshot but I’ll post them anyway as that is how I found the site

E2D1B162-6F45-489D-9554-9CD23B78A02E.jpeg

No problem! Looks a decent site, have bookmarked for the future!

I think I am just suffering withdrawal symptoms, no one has posted a camping pic for days :(

Lovely photo, thank you! Bookmarked the site as well :thumbsup:
I am by no means artistic, but that pic really sells the site AND the van! Site is fantastic within a stone’s throw of a wonderful pub! Only drawback is “No dogs” as it is on a farm. (Understandable, but disappointing!)

If you are looking at going anywhere in the UK this summer then you need to book now. We booked a cottage in Cornwall start of Jan and looked again last night for a friend. Hardly anything available and what was available for very expensive.

If you are looking at going anywhere in the UK this summer then you need to book now. We booked a cottage in Cornwall start of Jan and looked again last night for a friend. Hardly anything available and what was available for very expensive.
I think with foreign trips being a somewhat unknown any form of Uk trip is going to be either extortionate prices or sold out already. We moved our trip from last year which was cancelled to this year so fingers crossed.

I think with foreign trips being a somewhat unknown any form of Uk trip is going to be either extortionate prices or sold out already. We moved our trip from last year which was cancelled to this year so fingers crossed.
I made an enquiry to a small Cornish campsite the other day, prices seem to have increased by a 30% because they can.

Post Covid/Brexit or anything major that goes on nationally and a profit taking opportunity presents itself, saying that we've booked a few trips so far and prices for a grass plot with an EHU are between£25 and £34 per night, none are during what used to be school holidays and this is from May to early July.

A lot of things are going to be more expensive as businesses start to pay back the loans they took out to survive - it's that or go bust.
Of course some businesses will take the mick too.

Pete

Market forces, I’m afraid....Uber do it dynamically with “surge pricing”. And yes, we have to accept that some of it is taking the mick as @Pete C says!

Weve booked 4 short breaks, Blue skies @ Wells next the sea , Bircham Windmill at Bircham Newton North Norfolk, oldest working windmill in North Norfolk go both regular nice and quiet . Also going back to South Cliff Holiday Park - welcome to our scenic, coastal site set in beautiful grounds at Bridlington on the East Yorkshire coast as when its nice in Bridlington chilled place walking, also booked a site in Dorset which we havent been to before but wow is it expensive. Our problem this year is its going to be rammed so have only booked 4/5 nights at each place and we prefer to pitch up leave the van and walk as beachside parking is ridiculous. Pic is Bircham......

20200802_193103.jpg

Been lurking around these parts for months. We just booked in Looe for August. Van arrives in May, so will officially post pics then but are their any recommendations in Looe for an outdoor family with two VERY active boys (10,9yrs) and a working cocker - I must be crazy.

Back