2021 camping in Cornwall

On our trip to Cornwall last October we wild camped. It was a 3 night trip. we just went to pubs for breakfast and use of ‘facilities’. We did the same for Wales. Easy enough if just staying in your family group.

South West Coast Path, 630 miles, do as much as you want.
It gets you away from the masses and access to beautiful unspoilt beaches that cannot be reached by road.

Thanks DXX, yes all over the SWC Path. We are big walkers and explorers so will be trying to get away from the masses. Any hidden beaches you would recommend? Or is this like Bothy's and you need to know, in order to know??

Thanks DXX, yes all over the SWC Path. We are big walkers and explorers so will be trying to get away from the masses. Any hidden beaches you would recommend? Or is this like Bothy's and you need to know, in order to know??
I‘d definitely head West towards Polperro and beyond. You can park for free on the road in Hannafore (west looe) which will lead you onto the cliff path in less than a minute.
It’s roughly 2 hours to Polperro from Hannafore, there are plenty of nice coves along the way and unless there is a severe drought there’s freshwater for the hound at the bottom of every valley.
You’re spot on with the favourite beach theory, Facebook and Trip Advisor have wrecked so many good spots.

Thanks Sir, will take your advice and follow my nose (or at least the dog's nose). Hopefully find a quiet spot.......

Thanks Sir, will take your advice and follow my nose (or at least the dog's nose). Hopefully find a quiet spot.......
If the head East from Looe a couple of miles to Murrayton you’ll find The Monkey Sanctuary, once it had a full colony (minus adult males) of Wooley Monkeys roaming the woodland all the way to the beach. The founders have since passed away but I believe it’s run as a charity for primate re-abilitation, worth a walk and a visit.
I spent a good part of my childhood there hence my bad habits.

Back