2019 T6 Edition 204PS DSG (review)

vinayk

Hi All,

As there's not much reviews on here so thought ill share my thoughts good and bad things for new/old members and new buyers etc. i think i have only seen Tourshine review on here. i will be updating this regularly for updates.

I have only brought it yesterday and the spec
19 plate edition 204 dsg
8k miles on the clock
6 seater
20" tsw vale wheels
Eibach coilovers
Full audio upgrade (Audioson)
All seats been re trimmed in Napa leather

Positive points:

Drive:
Amazingly smooth with the dsg box and effortless power. will recommend dsg gearbox and 204bhp to anyone.

Comfort:
Even lowered its not that bouncy and crashy pretty comfy for daily too, heated seat is good option to go for in this weather, Driver seat is very comfy if have the arm rest on both sides (it like your siting at home on your sofa)

Mpg:
Its bit of an grey area on here, but i can say from the yesterdays 186 miles back home on A34,M3,M40,A45 i got 35.1 mpg then it slowly rose to 36.4. i am not sure if obc is showing it correct but i am happy with them figures on A roads and motorway. my driving wasn't heavy footed just normal cruising but stayed in cruise 65/70mph on motorway or when i can on some a roads.

Negatives points so far:
- Cruise control can be on set in 5's mph up or down
-Adapted Collison on the cruise is good thing to have but it very sensitive pick up lamp post etc when cutting very quick to overtake etc
- Cup holders on the dashboard it not great if haven't got lid on your hot drink because it steams the windscreen.

Things to do in next week:
- Full service
-Coding + Video in motion enabled (this can be discover media units)

IMG-1086.JPG

IMG-1089.JPG

IMG-1078.JPG

dfb155fe-ba82-4886-ba1b-65caf583f827.JPG

7702d12d-7889-4aa9-a9af-16ac93336e90.JPG

b93065c4-2a40-4a46-8307-25ad0c546c45.JPG

Hi mate, nice van.
Cruise can go up in 1mph increments with up and down buttons (not in my van so not exactly sure what ones!) left and right so 5mph

Nice to see my T6 review is still being picked up, and great that it adds to yours with much higher mileage as a comparison.

Sweet looking Edition (Huge Edition fan) and welcome to the forum @vinayk

Nice to see my T6 review is still being picked up, and great that it adds to yours with much higher mileage as a comparison.

Sweet looking Edition (Huge Edition fan) and welcome to the forum @vinayk

Thank you

your review has made go for the 204 and your only one that doesn’t have these issues that people are facing too.

Update on insurance side of things

I had been calling everyone who insures modified vans and people using on here, so what I have found out

Brentacre are partnered up with marker study group insurance which are worst insurance company to payout peoples claims which have been on going for years, also reviews are bad on google and other forums etc.

A plan are okay they also use another company like Brentacre has okayish reviews but are still that not great, I can’t remember the name the guy said. I think its called market share

So thought Ill ring up the bigger insurance companies Aviva, admiral and Liverpool and Victoria and pay couple of hundreds more at least they will pay out and open 24/7 too, end of the day you spend all this money for your t6 and won’t get paid for claims etc it’s not happening to me

So Brentacre with their con company was asking £520

A plan - £756

Admiral - £989

Liverpool and Victoria - £1100

Aviva - £651

All these quotes are with alloy wheels,coil overs, Additional seats 6, additional side windows.

So I went with Aviva which are great with customer service and Norwich based call Centre and have good rating and reviews. Also cheaper out of big 3. Main thing is peace of mind you will get paid out if something had to happen.

I insured my modded t5.1 with Aviva. Paid £276 for the year with business use included, remap and bilsteins declared.

I insured my modded t5.1 with Aviva. Paid £276 for the year with business use included, remap and bilsteins declared.

I have 0 no claims because coming from car to van they don’t accept it. I think this why it’s higher for me plus I’m only 29

You think the 204 is good now, wait til you map it !
MUCH better drive and will hold it's gear longer on climbs for example.
I only recently found the plus 1mph on cruise too, I like 63mph and 73mph for some reason. Really easy to set, press set on cruise then add or subtract mph with the res & set buttons instead of the one you're used to using.
What is this video in motion you speak of ?

I have 0 no claims because coming from car to van they don’t accept it. I think this why it’s higher for me plus I’m only 29
I was able to carry over 9 years no claims from car insurance to my van policy with Aviva

I went with Brent acre. Same as you I’m 29 but they mirrored all my NCB what iv got on my car 11+ I’m paying £585 including courtesy van and legal aid etc

You think the 204 is good now, wait til you map it !
MUCH better drive and will hold it's gear longer on climbs for example.
I only recently found the plus 1mph on cruise too, I like 63mph and 73mph for some reason. Really easy to set, press set on cruise then add or subtract mph with the res & set buttons instead of the one you're used to using.
What is this video in motion you speak of ?

Once it out of warranty I will remap it!

video in motion can be only activated on discover pro head units this enable you to watch mp4 on the standard headunit I will keep you updated once mine is done week

I was able to carry over 9 years no claims from car insurance to my van policy with Aviva

Once I read your post I called them and they said they will accept it, I think the guy I was speaking to before didn’t have clue when I took the insurance out but have refunded be £51 better than notting

4 weeks into my 68 plate 204 DSG 4-motion Kombi LWB Starlight Blue and it doesn't half shake, rattle and roll in the load zone.

Can't wait to get it lined, soundproofed including cab, floors, wheel arches and Audison system (under-seat sub) with New Wave Conversions.

Having a bit of trouble finding a decent seating position - pedals too close, steering wheel bit to far away ( I like a mild recline)

This T32 is a firmer ride than my T5 T30 LWB kombi of the last 12 years, but not too bad at all= It absorbs bumps better than my wife's VW Tiguan mk2 19"wheels.

How's the Audison sounding?

I went with Brent acre. Same as you I’m 29 but they mirrored all my NCB what iv got on my car 11+ I’m paying £585 including courtesy van and legal aid etc

Oh nice you got an good deal there but can’t trust the con insurance marker study

4 weeks into my 68 plate 204 DSG 4-motion Kombi LWB Starlight Blue and it doesn't half shake, rattle and roll in the load zone.

Can't wait to get it lined, soundproofed including cab, floors, wheel arches and Audison system (under-seat sub) with New Wave Conversions.

Having a bit of trouble finding a decent seating position - pedals too close, steering wheel bit to far away ( I like a mild recline)

This T32 is a firmer ride than my T5 T30 LWB kombi of the last 12 years, but not too bad at all= It absorbs bumps better than my wife's VW Tiguan mk2 19"wheels.

How's the Audison sounding?

Maybe your seat is too forward or to high that your touching both pedals I had that on first day until I sorted it the seat it also because I’m 6 foot too

Audison is best sounding system you can tune each speaker how you want Via usb connected to the amp

Cheers - will keep experimenting.
Can't wait for the Audison --My underseat Focal Ibus 2.1 Amp and Sub combined was great in my T5- but am sure Audison will sound great in the quiet T6- Shame I had to re-mortgage!

Back