T6 or T6.1?

If this is genuinely the next Transporter, it won't tempt me in that form.
The rear lights look nice, but the rest is a little lacking in leaps forward, and style.

I wonder what that thing is on the front of the roof :confused:

Interesting . . . . . smells of a facelift T6.1 to me

bit of cosmetic tweeks to encourage new van sales me thinks.

Well that's pretty clear ....... there's a new one, whether T6.1 or T7

Bl**dy great ..... I'm only 10 months in and I still haven't finished with the Mods on mine o_Oo_O

Also like the looks of the dash and black interior instead of the usual 'mushroom' or 'oyster' or whatever they call it finish

I really prefer dashboards that angle towards the driver. It seemed to be the done thing at one time. Like back in the 90s. Ergonomically sympathic and aesthetically cosy. Then it went all flat. Now the trends back to wrap around. However, that looks a little disjointed to me. And there's still a sodding black hole Stephen Hawking would be proud of in front of the co pilots seat!

:mad::(:cry::thumbsdown::cautious:o_O

Last edited:
I think it looks good, id agree on the T6 facelift though defo looks like the same chassis/components reworked but im digging it especially the front and rear lights

Planet VAG who were at the show in Wolfsburg and posted these pics stated it was the "unveiling of the T6.1 Multivan"

wonder what that is down the side of the gear column? it must be passenger orietainted, USB and bottle holder?

Last edited:
I spotted that, looks like a cubby hole with a couple buttons in it

Different shaped airbag and is it a flat bottomed steering wheel? The wireless looks 100% touch screen too.

I really prefer dashboards that angle towards the driver. It seemed to be the done thing at one time. Like back in the 90s. Ergonomically sympathic and aesthetically cosy. Then it went all flat. Now the trends back to wrap around. However, that looks a little disjointed to me. And there's still a sodding black hole Stephen Hawking would be proud off in front of the co pilots seat!

:mad::(:cry::thumbsdown::cautious:o_O
Let’s hope they angle the dash for the RHD models and not leave everything on the wrong side again

Not the improvement the 5.1 was over the 5, but still a half decent facelift. Apart from the dog's dinner of a front grille, but presumably it was necessary for cooling and I'm never one to knock function over form.
I think this demonstrates an all new T7 is still a good few years off, but this rejig of the engine compartment should allow them to branch into more PR friendly power plants to keep the money coming in.

Was T5.1 ever used officially by VW for the facelifted T5, or is that just an enthusiast format that's seems to have been formally adopted and copied for the T6.1.

Back