T6 or T6.1?

Iv managed to get 17.5% off the list price that no p/x and only a single purchase. Don’t be afraid to compare dealers up and down the country (many offer free delivery)and once you’ve got a quote your happy with ask your local dealer if he’s willing to match it. That’s what I’ve done but tbh I was up front with the local dealer first so he knew I was after a decent deal.
17.5%?? Kin el, what's the dealer margin on these vans if they can do that? Or is there some sort of manufacturer contribution promotion running?

F30E488B-B1C7-4466-B121-4918E1A4503C.jpeg

This is my order hope iv done my maths right lol..thought it might help people see what deals can be had.

Thanks for all of this, really helpful, i am surprised some dealers don't look at the forum and then contact us about buying one, it would be a good source of leads?

Thanks for all of this, really helpful, i am surprised some dealers don't look at the forum and then contact us about buying one, it would be a good source of leads?
T6 Forum Members are too sharp for the dealers. They would get found out too many times. The dealers need naive punters to walk thro’ the showroom doors. That’s where they make the margins.

My dealers made about £100 per lease van that I took from them, it's a numbers game these days.

Even on my own van purchase they only made about £350 and the rep kerbed it on is way over to deliver it and they had to pay for another Davenport and tyre :laugh::rofl:

It would be a good idea if a dealer put together a special discount package just for T6 members, it would make it a lot easier if there was a very special deal in place for us.

It would be a good idea if a dealer put together a special discount package just for T6 members, it would make it a lot easier if there was a very special deal in place for us.
That would be good idea. Although personally I love the challenge of trying to get deals and seeing the sales person earn my custom. What you have to remember dealers tend to have 2 margins , 1 is front end which they can offer 10-12% discount and the 2nd in backend which is achieved by the volume of sales, the higher the volume the more they get from vw in bonuses.

It’s actually 14.7% on the vehicle and options, excluding the OTR costs which are fixed (delivery, VED and plates). Still very good though

It’s actually 14.7% on the vehicle and options, excluding the OTR costs which are fixed (delivery, VED and plates). Still very good though
Thanks for working it out My maths not my strongest point to work out percentages , think I was just going on vehicle price as I know that dealers don’t tend to give discounts on factory options etc but £5705 discount on the vehicle plus £1200 vw contribution I was quite a happy bunny.

Is that 14.5% including the £1200 vw contribution? Don’t feel like iv got such a good deal now lol

14.7 from the dealer plus £1000+VAT from VWFS. For comparison I got 11% plus £1750 inc VAT for a personal PCP deal so you still got a very good deal at 14.7%

14.7 from the dealer plus £1000+VAT from VWFS. For comparison I got 11% plus £1750 inc VAT for a personal PCP deal so you still got a very good deal at 14.7%
Ah cheers makes me feel a little easier. Mind you Dan the sales guy did make me work for it

Back