T6 or T6.1?

My new 6.1 is in the Uk but not taking deliver until March. T30 Highline Panel Van, 150PS 7-speed DSG, 2 Single swivel front seats, electric latching tailgate and passenger side door, Mid Range media center, LED Headlights, plus more bits and bobs. Then start conversion.

Does any know if the front roof mounted shark fin antenna will interfere with any of the top brand pop tops? I guess they will be working on a modification, failing that I will have to relocate it.

Does any know if the front roof mounted shark fin antenna will interfere with any of the top brand pop tops? I guess they will be working on a modification, failing that I will have to relocate it.

Mine is coming in March. Austops have told me that they'll have their design modified to fit over the aerial and manufactured in time for my slot at the fitters in mid April. Fingers crossed!

Mine is coming in March. Austops have told me that they'll have their design modified to fit over the aerial and manufactured in time for my slot at the fitters in mid April. Fingers crossed!
I get mine on the 4th March. I'm sure all the manufacturers will be modifying their designs.

Good afternoon,i am new on here and new to buying a transporter.I have decided to get rid of the car and my old van and combine both in the shape of a transporter.
So after loads of telephone calls to various companies I headed out to have a good look around the VW garage with intention of getting a used T6 but only a year or two old,turns out it wont cost a great deal more(finance monthly for the 6.1.
I know it looks cosmetically different to the T6 and engine slightly bigger with the 110 but can any die hard transporter fans share any light on their knowledge as new doesn't always mean better.
I am looking at the t28 for my fishing and everyday use so wont be converting.
Many thanks in advance

Good afternoon,i am new on here and new to buying a transporter.I have decided to get rid of the car and my old van and combine both in the shape of a transporter.
So after loads of telephone calls to various companies I headed out to have a good look around the VW garage with intention of getting a used T6 but only a year or two old,turns out it wont cost a great deal more(finance monthly for the 6.1.
I know it looks cosmetically different to the T6 and engine slightly bigger with the 110 but can any die hard transporter fans share any light on their knowledge as new doesn't always mean better.
I am looking at the t28 for my fishing and everyday use so wont be converting.
Many thanks in advance
Only drawback that I’ve heard is a lot of the mods that fit the T6 aren’t made to fit the T6.1 yet ....but a must is Led lights:thumbsup:

I would go for the 6.1 as it has an electrical power steering and the 6 has hydraulic.

Only drawback that I’ve heard is a lot of the mods that fit the T6 aren’t made to fit the T6.1 yet ....but a must is Led lights:thumbsup:
Yes that's one thing I cant understand is why they haven't upgraded the lights as standard,is the 110 new engine more frugal on fuel than the T6

Yes that's one thing I cant understand is why they haven't upgraded the lights as standard,is the 110 new engine more frugal on fuel than the T6
Ur right..but certain manufacturers see the UK market as a cash cow and keep trying to milk us ...extra’s..extra’s:(:(

Excuse my lack of knowledge in all this but can you just buy the brighter bulbs or does the wiring need altering
I’m no expert... but you should not have to change the wiring and yes in most cases it’s simply a matter of a bulb change but purpose made led headlight units work better.....if you look through other threads on headlights a lot of guys change the whole unit to get better lights......if buying new twist the dealers arm and tell him the lights are a deal breaker after all changing any thing later gets expensive:thumbsup:

I’m no expert... but you should not have to change the wiring and yes in most cases it’s simply a matter of a bulb change but purpose made led headlight units work better.....if you look through other threads on headlights a lot of guys change the whole unit to get better lights......if buying new twist the dealers arm and tell him the lights are a deal breaker after all changing any thing later gets expensive:thumbsup:
Thanks mate.what sort of cost will it be to change the whole unit,great idea with the garages about it being a deal breaker

Thanks mate.what sort of cost will it be to change the whole unit,great idea with the garages about it being a deal breaker
As far as costs....my factory led’s came with auto levelling and auto wash....but if your buying aftermarket units up to £500 always better to spec your van the best you can and it’s all covered by warranty....so peace of mind..last think you want to do is change any thing that effects warranty

ask for a test drive at night to test the lights out and compare:thumbsup::thumbsup:

As far as costs....my factory led’s came with auto levelling and auto wash....but if your buying aftermarket units up to £500 always better to spec your van the best you can and it’s all covered by warranty....so peace of mind..last think you want to do is change any thing that effects warranty

ask for a test drive at night to test the lights out and compare:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks mate that’s great,from what I gather the standard factory fit lights are really poor but a drive at night is a good call,just need to find the van now

I was given a T6.1 SWB DSG panel van as a courtesy van today while my cam belt and service was done.
Drove it ten miles to work and back in the afternoon, my ankle was literally sore by the time I got to the garage because there is no place to rest your clutch foot!!!! I am 6’ tall and like the seat all the way back but the real problem is that your left leg is pushed over by the centre console pillar. Why VW have done this in a commercial vehicle is beyond me.
Maybe the LHD is fine.
Personally I thought the cabin was nice but even less practical than the T6.
So my advice would be to test both the T6 and T6.1 before you drop the cash.
I would hate to have to drive a 6.1 on a longer journey.
The upside was the DSG and ACC which I don’t have on my 4Motion but the two systems are a match made in heaven if you can afford them.

I was given a T6.1 SWB DSG panel van as a courtesy van today while my cam belt and service was done.
Drove it ten miles to work and back in the afternoon, my ankle was literally sore by the time I got to the garage because there is no place to rest your clutch foot!!!! I am 6’ tall and like the seat all the way back but the real problem is that your left leg is pushed over by the centre console pillar. Why VW have done this in a commercial vehicle is beyond me.
Maybe the LHD is fine.
Personally I thought the cabin was nice but even less practical than the T6.
So my advice would be to test both the T6 and T6.1 before you drop the cash.
I would hate to have to drive a 6.1 on a longer journey.
The upside was the DSG and ACC which I don’t have on my 4Motion but the two systems are a match made in heaven if you can afford them.
thanks for that mate,i have decided to go with the T6 after looking at my finances,its too big a hit to take on the vat on the new 6.1 and to be honest I actually prefer the looks on the T6

Looking to purchase in the next few weeks, looking for a nearly new PV or Kombi. not much price difference between T6 and T6.1. What I'm asking is anyone had both and are you glad you upgraded to the T6.1 ?...

I’ve had a 5.1, 6 and now a 6.1, all Highlines. The biggest thing for me, is the head unit, with the apple car play. Effectively, free sat nav. I run Waze, or apple maps. I love the adaptive cruise, over standard cruise, and the front pdc. It’s a big thumbs up from me:thumbsup:

6.1 is an easier drive than the 6 I'm my opinion. Electric power steering, adaptive cruse are both brilliant.
Why would you go for a previous generation vehicle if you had the choice.....?

Thats why I'm asking, I know I said similar price but maybe a bit better spec on the T6 for same money.

Back