T6 or T6.1?

I do think the front end of the 6.1 is quite ugly. Even more so on that Caravelle where some of the grille is silver and some is black.

:rofl::rofl:
I thought you were buying one ? :rofl:

It's on order. But it doesn't mean I can't give my opinion on it!

And in the world of panel vans, there's not really an alternative to the VW if you want excellent build and comfort. Plus, I don't want to wait another 3/4yrs for the T7.

It's on order. But it doesn't mean I can't give my opinion on it!

And in the world of panel vans, there's not really an alternative to the VW if you want excellent build and comfort. Plus, I don't want to wait another 3/4yrs for the T7.
:D Fair enough but I wouldn't dream of buying something that I thought was ugly :D. I think it looks great hence ordering it. Good luck, I am sure you will grow to like it.

:D Fair enough but I wouldn't dream of buying something that I thought was ugly :D. I think it looks great hence ordering it. Good luck, I am sure you will grow to like it.

I guess it's ultimately just a tool for me - it's something I need for my job. And anyway, I only ever really see it from the inside. As long as the dash looks good, it's comfortable and quiet, and carries all the kit I need, that's all that's really important.

I guess it's ultimately just a tool for me - it's something I need for my job. And anyway, I only ever really see it from the inside. As long as the dash looks good, it's comfortable and quiet, and carries all the kit I need, that's all that's really important.
Yeah, I understand that. I am sure they will be great. Cant wait for mine :thumbsup:

I agree with it not being something that I think looks particularly good at the moment, hoping it will be a grower but as @Deaston says there isn't really anything else that has the VW back up on the commercial vehicle front. When your VW van breaks down at least they supply another van to keep you working.

Ugly front end and the dash is less practical for storage that the current one. Ultimately it's a small facelift to encourage sales to pay for the emissions upgrade.

Yeah doesn’t look like I will be putting much in the glove box!. I am coming from a 5.1 startline so bit more modern

Looking to get my hands on a T6 were is the best online website for buying Transporter with good discount or Amy sites were they would have pre registered one
I am looking a lwb startline in white it’s for my workers so real call for one with spec can anybody help?

Sat in the 6.1 for the first time today in the showroom, it was a manual SWB Kombi. Anyone else notice that there is nowhere to put your clutch foot!!!!
The lovely bit of the floor that serves as a clutch foot rest in my T6 is gone. That's a big downer for distance driving.

On the plus side the sliding doors work much better than the old ones. I think the mechanism must be revised at the rear of the door.

I noticed the same today, re the foot rest.
Re the sliding door my 2018 4Motion Kombi has to go back next week for new rollers and catch as it is very stiff, yours may need replacing aswell ??

Sat in the 6.1 for the first time today in the showroom, it was a manual SWB Kombi. Anyone else notice that there is nowhere to put your clutch foot!!!!
The lovely bit of the floor that serves as a clutch foot rest in my T6 is gone. That's a big downer for distance driving.

On the plus side the sliding doors work much better than the old ones. I think the mechanism must be revised at the rear of the door.

Even in the auto there's no room for my left foot, which is odd considering there should be room for a clutch pedal.

Compared to my 5.1, my 6.1 is lovely, but they've made some very odd design decisions.

Even in the auto there's no room for my left foot, which is odd considering there should be room for a clutch pedal.

Compared to my 5.1, my 6.1 is lovely, but they've made some very odd design decisions.
I think we'll have to blame Brexit;)
But that does sound like a real design floor.

Looking to get my hands on a T6 were is the best online website for buying Transporter with good discount or Amy sites were they would have pre registered one
I am looking a lwb startline in white it’s for my workers so real call for one with spec can anybody help?

Try these they did me a good deal, no connection to them.
www.smgvans.co.uk

Back