T6 or T6.1?

They are more likely to be OLED due to the plastic, organic layers of an OLED are thinner, lighter and more flexible than the crystalline layers in an LCD.

Most vehicle manufacturers including Audi are now using this technology.

Of course it must be OLED any other display wouldn't make sense.

Something like this one?

View attachment 51732

Regarding the dash I´m not to fund of the top having cup holders and the other cutouts. Looks a bit messy.
The current is more clean especially having the Dynaudio center speaker filling the middle compartment.
But would have loved to spec the display and infotainment system.
And of course having the new steering and all the assistantsystems coming with that.

Sigh .... My nice and decently spec´ed Multivan has officially turned the old model. :(

not sure about OLEDs, i think they die quicker when exposed to high temperature
consumer displays and automotive are slightly different
they might have their own cooling system though

I was ready and prepared to upgrade from my 2013 T5 T28 DSG to a T6.1. But now that I've discovered the LED instrument cluster isn't an option for transporters, I'm not sure I'll bother.

Sure, the 6.1 has a much nicer dash, but it's essentially the same.

The built-in satnav? Google Maps on my phone will undoubtedly be better, so I'll end-up just using that.

Electro-mechanical steering - what difference will that really make to me? None.

Reversing camera would be nice, but not vital. I've coped for 6 years without.

I think I'll wait a few more years for the T7. Makes me sad I won't get a new van, but I can't justify £40k for a facelift and a couple of new features I'll probably not use.

I was ready and prepared to upgrade from my 2013 T5 T28 DSG to a T6.1. But now that I've discovered the LED instrument cluster isn't an option for transporters, I'm not sure I'll bother.

Sure, the 6.1 has a much nicer dash, but it's essentially the same.

The built-in satnav? Google Maps on my phone will undoubtedly be better, so I'll end-up just using that.

Electro-mechanical steering - what difference will that really make to me? None.

Reversing camera would be nice, but not vital. I've coped for 6 years without.

I think I'll wait a few more years for the T7. Makes me sad I won't get a new van, but I can't justify £40k for a facelift and a couple of new features I'll probably not use.
I've had a couple of cars with LCD "virtual dashboards", they're alright but I wouldn't buy a vehicle on the strength of it. But yeah, the 6.1 is just a facelift of the T6, which was just a facelift of the T5.1, which was just a facelift of the T5, so when the T7 eventually comes it looks like it will be an actual total new model so there will likely be a lot of people who'll make the jump then. If you're happy as you are why change :thumbsup:

If you're happy as you are why change :thumbsup:

Because, although my van is only 6 years old with 55k miles on the clock, the mayor of London has decided it's killing people and is charging me £24 every time I drive it into Central London.

And in two years the zone will expand to the point I'll have to pay the charge every time I go to work. I reckon it'll cost me around £2,500 per year in ULEZ charges alone.

Apparently, asking VW to build me an entirely new van and import it from Germany is better for the environment.

Because, although my van is only 6 years old with 55k miles on the clock, the mayor of London has decided it's killing people and is charging me £24 every time I drive it into Central London.

And in two years the zone will expand to the point I'll have to pay the charge every time I go to work. I reckon it'll cost me around £2,500 per year in ULEZ charges alone.

Apparently, asking VW to build me an entirely new van and import it from Germany is better for the environment.
It's a really conflicted issue,
ULEZ I think is about local air quality
The Carbon effect of building a new van is a global issue
The answer to the later is for us all to CONSUME A LOT LESS STUFF, particularly stuff with a significant carbon foot print.

I think if we all knew how miserable the mining of the rear earth metals are to create all these batteries for plug in vehicles ; we would demand the roll out of Hydrogen Fuel Cell vehicles and associated infrastructure nation wide.

Feel for you there. I'm yet again glad I don't live in London, though not only for that reason :speechless:

Reactions: DXX
The problem is, it's not a static issue; you change this year for a vehicle that meets the lower ULEZ tariffs;
but what will the ULEZ tariffs look like a few years time?, if Extinction Rebellion grows in influence, who knows?

I wonder if that roof mounted external aerial would be retrofittable to a T6, and if it would amplify the dab signal?

I like the lights, but not much of the front below them. Perhaps if the wide-mouthed frog bit was colour coded

Feck, I knew I have messed up my order and option list.

• Love
Reactions: mmi
Back