T6 or T6.1?

I think that will be T7??. I wouldn't hold your breath for the electric vans - I've been to the ABT factory where they are built and not sure how they will keep up with demand

Review on Autoexpress site, in which they confirm there will be no hybrid T6.1 Volkswagen Transporter van review

Interesting that an all electric T6.1 will be available soon. With a claimed 250 miles per charge. For me this would make an ideal leisure use campervan conversation. Charge at home, drive a couple of hundred miles, plug in at at camp site (EHU) then carry on exploring the next day. Thus getting my fuel chucked in for free from the campsite fee!
May have to explore this option when released. :thumbsup:

i don't think you will have the necessary amperage to recharge fast enough on a normal campsite electrics

Saw this very thing happening in Norway, mostly Tesla owners who were taking up 2 hook up points one for the caravan and the other into the car, luckily campsites were quiet so not an issue to have one person using 2 hook up points, maybe issues in the future though.

Only a fool would believe paying per mile to use the roads isn't just around the corner.
Vehicles running fossil fuels will pay per mile plus fuel duty.

Still waiting on the road toll bill for Norway to appear in my in box..........

Saw this very thing happening in Norway, mostly Tesla owners who were taking up 2 hook up points one for the caravan and the other into the car, luckily campsites were quiet so not an issue to have one person using 2 hook up points, maybe issues in the future though.
I saw a YouTube video with a guy driving a Tesla around the NC500 route.
Overnight charging at a guest house only partially charged the vehicle, and it was tight making it to a proper charge point with the range available.

I saw a YouTube video with a guy driving a Tesla around the NC500 route.
Overnight charging at a guest house only partially charged the vehicle, and it was tight making it to a proper charge point with the range available.
Yeah UK is way behind on ev infrastructure, we saw facilities in Norway that would allow 30 Tesla's to be charged at one time and the distance between charging facilities was short. Never seen so many Tesla's.

Yeah UK is way behind on ev infrastructure, we saw facilities in Norway that would allow 30 Tesla's to be charged at one time and the distance between charging facilities was short. Never seen so many Tesla's.
Norway also has rather a lot of spare electricity which is allowing them to push forward quicker

Yep saw this in Holland a fortnight ago. Can't help thinking they wouldn't get much from a 10A limited supply though

Here's the lastest T6.1 brochure fresh from my dealer.
Looks like the LED dash is not available on the panel vans or kombi models :(

Attachments

• Transporter T6.1 panel van and kombi brochure September 2019.pdf
    3.2 MB · Views: 62
Here's the lastest T6.1 brochure fresh from my dealer.
Looks like the LED dash is not available on the panel vans or kombi models :(

I can confirm from speaking to a dealer here in DK that only its only possible to spec the LCD dash on people carriers.
He did mention that they are working hard with VW to change that.

Last edited:
Back