2019 Model Year Changes, The New T6.1

Discussion in 'General VW T6 Chat' started by Glenn Board, 24 Jun 2018.

1. Glenn Board

Glenn Board Member T6 Pro

Hi, looking to order a new T6 Kombucha soon, but thinking should I hand on for new model year changes or mild facelift, anybody know if anything going to happen?

2. VWROBERT

VWROBERT Senior Member T6 Guru

Map
    Will be surprised if they do anything to the body, maybe include LED headlights as standard on Highline model

3. mopardave

mopardave 150 Kombi Manual VIP Member T6 Legend

Map
    Kombucha?

Tourershine likes this.
  4. VWROBERT

VWROBERT Senior Member T6 Guru

Map
    I was wondering myself but thought I will not ask lol

Tourershine likes this.
  5. Pauly

Pauly Senior Member VCDS User Admin Moderator

Map
  6. DaveyB

DaveyB Funds just don’t support the desires!!! Moderator VIP Member T6 Legend

Map
    Mmm, having consulted wiki, i’m now even more confused as can’t see how that could be the name of a T6 special edition.
    Can’t see the T6 “Fermented Tea Drink” flying out of showrooms. Wonder what the special equipment level will be; better placed cup holders perhaps? Or a tassimo built into the centre console bottle compartment.

7. andys

andys Senior Member VIP Member T6 Legend

Don't you just love autocorrect :rofl:

Shredder and VWROBERT like this.
  8. Dave F

Dave F Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    I was in the vw garage about 4 weeks ago and the manager told me that he was in Germany and the told him that there is a face lift on its way But that’s all he told me. He did have a name for it but I forgot what he called it. I would hang on as you might just be disappointed when it is out and you didn’t wait for it.

9. CaliStu

CaliStu Senior Member T6 Guru

Große Produktaufwertung is the term VW used for the face-lift on the T5, but I reckon they should go with Kombucha for the T6

andys, DaveyB and Pauly like this.
  10. Lord Mfwic

Lord Mfwic Chief Fire Starter. VIP Member T6 Legend

Map
    Yeah, it doesn't have muchroom in it but its its a fungi to be around.;)

Ian28, andys and DaveyB like this.
  11. Glenn Board

Excellent thank you, i would guess it will be in around September, but I don't know!

12. Glenn Board

Just checked VW website and new configurator on it, but the comfort dash and split rear seats has gone!

13. Insert Coin

Insert Coin Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    My rep said he didn't know much, but seems to think it's most likely a few option tweaks and some emissions guff.

I can't see there being any major changes, the local dealer cannot sell them quick enough, there's no incentive to do any big changes yet while they can sell as many as they can get their hands on.

14. andys

The reality is that dealer staff are often the last to know, "I've heard..." usually means "I read it in Auto Express". I stuck my neck out and guessed that any facelift would be next year for 2020 model year and I'm standing by that.

15. Loz

Loz California 204 DSG 4Motion MY17 VCDS User Admin Moderator VIP Member

Map
    Possible changes in engine output as per the post back in Feb/Apr I think..

16. mopardave

mopardave 150 Kombi Manual VIP Member T6 Legend

Map
    that's what I heard....the 204 petrol is to be reclassified 199bhp.

17. andys

Isn’t that roughly what 204PS is anyway?

Edit: my bad, it’s 201bhp

18. richi

richi Geriatric surfer dude VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    I thought PS was pferdestarke

19. andys

No idea what it stands for, just know that bhp is a bit less than ps

20. Cherokee

Cherokee Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    As
    As the t6 currently appears to be selling like hot-cakes. It should not be assumed that a mild facelift/tweak for MY19 will be a benefit. It maybe that the gurus at VWCV decide to 'dumb down' the std spec and add some of it onto the options list. Therefore creating less value for money at the list price. This happened to the Vivaro/Trafic/Primastar back in '07ish. The Sport(ive) models dropped alloys and front fogs from std spec to extras lists. Then put them back on std spec some 4 years later. ' Those whom dither are not always rewarded'