Sold 2018 T28 140PS 5-speed Day-Van, Indium Grey. £24,000

Status
Not open for further replies.

nails54

2018 T28 Indium Grey Day Van.
Euro 6. Air Conn . Rear parking sensors.
Originally Trendline Van. Professionally converted and all work documented and receipted.
M1 Rock and Roll full size bed. Side bars and roof rack. Sports spoiler on rear doors.
Leisure battery with USB ports and 12v port.
Flock interior, curtains, windows, spotlights internally, storage under bed with doors and LED upgraded headlight bulbs as the old ones were so poor.
20” Calibre Alloy wheels.
Captains chair (swivel) passenger side.

Last edited:
Hi All. I have had the usual tyre kickers and "what's your best price" people enquire. Any advice on best other platform to sell my van? Flea bay. Autotrader or Facebook route? First time I have sold a vehicle. Tony

This is what puts me off trying to sell my own van. I think your price is very good and how anyone could try and knock you down from that puzzles me.

Think Gumtree or Autotrader might be the route to go. A lot of people sell vans on eBay, I hear

This is what puts me off trying to sell my own van. I think your price is very good and how anyone could try and knock you down from that puzzles me.
Because people have watched too much Gas Monkey.

RR - "How much are you asking for this van?"
Seller - "£25k"
RR - "Well I'm at £5k"
Seller - "I'll come down to 20"
RR - "I've got 7"
Seller - "How about 15"
RR - I'm still at 7"
Seller - "The lowest I can go is 10"
RR - "Hold out your hand"

That never happens in real life... does it?

Yeah, but... [no, but..., yeah, but...] every time anyone posts the question "should I ask for a discount/ haggle over the price/ make a cheeky offer?", the advice is invariably "of course you should; there's no harm in asking; if you don't ask, you won't get", etc. and that is, IMO, good advice. Of course, that's not the same as insulting the vendor by offering 10K for a 20K van!!

Yeah, but... [no, but..., yeah, but...] every time anyone posts the question "should I ask for a discount/ haggle over the price/ make a cheeky offer?", the advice is invariably "of course you should; there's no harm in asking; if you don't ask, you won't get", etc. and that is, IMO, good advice. Of course, that's not the same as insulting the vendor by offering 10K for a 20K van!!
If I was to put my van up for sale I would state "no offers, the price is the price"
Nails54 is asking for a lot less than the dealers are offering, not withstanding the warranty

Nails54 is asking for a lot less than the dealers are offering, not withstanding the warranty
I agree, but folks have an ingrained response (perpetuated by advice on this forum) to test the "firmness" of a price, if for no other reason than a lot of vendors up their price on the expectation of being haggled down.

I agree, but folks have an ingrained response (perpetuated by advice on this forum) to test the "firmness" of a price, if for no other reason than a lot of vendors up their price on the expectation of being haggled down.
Hi is this a 6 speed 140 or remapped 102. Any air con ?

Listened to a guy trying to haggle more money for his PX against an 11k Octavia yesterday. His px was a 186k Octavia that was a taxi. He had been offered 1k px and was demanding 2k. he tried every reason you can imagine and every emotion going to get the dealer to move on the px price. He didn't budge and it was pretty sad to see the guys plead to get £50 more on the px price buy the end, dealer didn't budge.
Later dealer told me he may have gone to £1300 if the guy had been polite and didn't sound like he was on a TV wheeler Dealers program.

Listened to a guy trying to haggle more money for his PX against an 11k Octavia yesterday. His px was a 186k Octavia that was a taxi. He had been offered 1k px and was demanding 2k. he tried every reason you can imagine and every emotion going to get the dealer to move on the px price. He didn't budge and it was pretty sad to see the guys plead to get £50 more on the px price buy the end, dealer didn't budge.
Later dealer told me he may have gone to £1300 if the guy had been polite and didn't sound like he was on a TV wheeler Dealers program.
'old out yer 'aaaaand... now open the door behind you and feck off!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back