2016 T6 Bevel Box And Final Drive

Darrenl

Hi All,
I have a 2016 T6 Transporter with 4motion, just serviced the engine and transmission and was going to service the haldex, final drive and bevel box. to my surprise I could not find drain bungs for the diff or bevel box just ports to check levels. been told that these are fill for life and only change oil if there is a problem?
Is this the case? Im old school and this seems a bit strange to me.

Hello Darrenl, just seen your post as I was searching for info on oil / fluid specs for the transmission units. I'm surprised no one has answered so I'm curious to know the answer to your question as you are. Mine is a 2018 4 motion. Not done the mileage yet to warrant any change of oils. From what I can gather the Haldex unit is every 20,000 miles though could be wrong. I don't for one minute think they are filled for life. Oil deteriorates with age / Use. Even modern sythetics. Regards Stephen

Hello Loz, I guessed I'd be wrong lol. 60K miles seems a bit long. In another post it states 40K miles which seems more like it. I would have though always better to err' on the earlier side than later.
Regards
Stephen

Back