2016 T6 102, Stolen / Recovered. Charging Fault [Resolved]

I'm not sure what voltage should be listed there, but the battery is definitely fully charged now.
Annoyingly, VW just called to say one of the service team has tested positive so they have now closed the service department entirely until further notice! So my van is now stuck at VW. Luckily I don't need it but I feel sorry for anyone else who relies on their van for work!
(Most likely a false positive test since the false positive rate is 90 odd % )

Don’t rely on be dealers I had issues with one yesterday eventually had a master tech ( oooo) idiots tbh not only did they not like being put right they did not check the basics resulting in them wanting to and insisting on fitting a new brake light switch under warranty as I had done one couple weeks ago, I got the whole he’s a master tech which does not wash with me five mins of looking today and found the fault they couldn’t , it didn’t go in for it they semi caused the issue,

I'm not sure what voltage should be listed there, but the battery is definitely fully charged now.
Annoyingly, VW just called to say one of the service team has tested positive so they have now closed the service department entirely until further notice! So my van is now stuck at VW. Luckily I don't need it but I feel sorry for anyone else who relies on their van for work!
(Most likely a false positive test since the false positive rate is 90 odd % )
Hopefully someone who also has vcds can shed some light on the voltage that is needed for the plugs ,could be wrong but if the voltage has dropped to 11.7 to heat the plugs up and you still have to crank the engine over with the starter motor then a feel there might not be a sufficient amount to do so but am hoping am wrong and this can rule out another option , regarding yer van traped with the dealers , not having any luck with the van at the moment. unfortunately businesses have to follow the procedure and really hope wee get a more accurate testing system but that's another thread , have they gave ye a date to get the van back ? Can you not just pic it up after a few days as it does sound like they don't know how to fix the issue it went in for ?

Don’t rely on be dealers I had issues with one yesterday eventually had a master tech ( oooo) idiots tbh not only did they not like being put right they did not check the basics resulting in them wanting to and insisting on fitting a new brake light switch under warranty as I had done one couple weeks ago, I got the whole he’s a master tech which does not wash with me five mins of looking today and found the fault they couldn’t , it didn’t go in for it they semi caused the issue,
Completely understand were your coming from ,I believe there are great mechanical engineers out there in the VAG world but getting hold of one is very difficult .unfortunately it's definitely turning into if the computer says nothing then it's not broke

Completely understand were your coming from ,I believe there are great mechanical engineers out there in the VAG world but getting hold of one is very difficult .unfortunately it's definitely turning into if the computer says nothing then it's not broke
I don’t mind sticking my neck out I’ve worked with some totally rubbish techs in my time people who rely on fault codes annoy me a diagnostic machine is a guide not gospel that’s the cure

Update ... Finally!

The van has been at VW for 2 weeks! They spent 4 hours labour going through the entire wiring loom but found no faults. The technician said this was on the advice from VW technical.
On finding no faults he then removed the glow plugs to find all four badly burnt! So the problem was actually with the glow plugs themselves.

Very annoying that they didn't check that first, but then at 20,000 miles you wouldn't expect to see that, in fact he says he hasn't had them fail like that before.

The water pump was the secondary pump at the front of the engine that needed replacing.

The EGR also needed flushing.

I contacted VW UK and raised it with them because it seems crazy the glow plugs failed and the EGR is hardly my fault. They agreed to waive 1 hour labour charge and they covered the EGR flush as good will, they couldn't do anything with the glow plugs cost but have offered a free major service when it is next due. Probably worth £250 ish I guess?

At least it is all resolved now but still not a cheap bill.

FYI I have a startline and fuse 8 is in the ebox but no wire connected, so it seems to be like that from the factory.

IMG_20201101_191909.jpg

Back