2016 Golf GTD VCDS tweaks - compatible with T6?

andy banes

VIP Member
T6 Pro
So i know its dangerous to think, but ifi had a 2016 gold gtd ( in fact same month/year build as my t6) that had electric heated folding mirrors........and on completing a vcds scan i could see it has Q modules.......then is it reasonable i may be able to copy its set up to the transporter .......

secondly i started searching around golf gtd forums for vids work some interesting stuff like this....anyone seen heard this before to cure/disable the start stop?

Disable Start/Stop (Bluemotion) on Golf mkVII - VCDS tweak

The following two methods can be used to permanently disable Start/Stop (SS) on a Golf mk7:
(1) Temperature Method, or
(2) Voltage Method (as an alternative to the Temperature Method)
From feedback that I have received from forum members (thanks jonoz and Fontana), it appears that the Voltage method is applicable to later "MY" models and the Temperature method can be used on earlier "MY" models (i.e. my13 in my case)

Before proceeding with this tweak, consideration should be given to any legal and environemtal factors that may result when disabling this facility.

(1) Temperature Method
These instructions were sourced from the Golfmk7.com site. Grateful acknowledgement to the author "Allenlin" who has said that the VCDS tweak was developed on a 103TDI. Allenlin has produced a short video which shows that SS has been disabled (see the link below) I have implemented this tweak on my mkVII, and I can vouch that it works.

Video: Start/Stop disabled-Golf mkVII
Allenlin instructions:

1. Enter 19-CAN Gateway
2.Click on Adaptation-10
3. From drop-down channel list select (1)-Start/Stopp Auntemperaturvorgabe-Minimaltemperatur (it's almost at end of channel list)

• In New value box, enter 50 (default stored value = -50.0)
  • Click Do it! tab
  • Click Add to Log to save a copy of the change

4.From drop-down channel list select (2)-Start/Stopp Auntemperaturvorgabe-Maximaltemperatur (it's almost at end of channel list)

• In New value box, enter 50 (default stored value = -50.0)
  • Click Do it! tab

(2) Voltage Method (alternative)

The voltage method is not available to all mk7 models (my own my13 vehicle will not allow access to the Adaptation channel below). However, I have confirmed (by viewing the Adaptation Control Map for Address hex19) that this method is available for the my14 model.

Instructions

1. Enter 19-CAN Gateway (see screen shot above)

2. Click on Adaptation (see screen shot above)

3. From drop down channel list, select Start/Stop start voltage limit (it's about 60% down the channel list)

• In New value box, enter 12 (default stored value = 7.6V) Note: forums report that a value greater than 10V will work for this tweak - maximum permissible value =12.1V
  • Click Do it! tab

Back