20% VW service plan discount [now closed]

Just had a quick look on the website and am I right in thinking it’s for interim servicing only, so basic oil change?

Hum, I only do about 9 k miles per year.
what happens if you don’t need 2 services?

It isn't a service per year, it's as and when your van needs it. So it could be 18 months between services according to chap in my local van center.

Thanks for sharing, I’m two years away from a major service (Van is July 2019 but I had the minor service done as part of the deal when I bought it in August on 12500 miles) so presume there is no time limit on using your two services (as opposed to 2 years)?

I noticed it was 0% too (no brainier)

Just brought the two service deal, £31 a month sounds like a bargain. received the message on my phone yesterday but wasn’t sure it was genuine until I read the thread on here this evening! Thanks

I’ve sign up too for the 2 year plan. No brainer at £380 vs £540 if you just bought the services. Might take me 4 yrs to use it but if I sell the van the service plan stays with the vehicle.

Reactions: CAB
Just bought the 2 service deal as well. Looks like a really good deal. Thanks

Just reading this through and under exclusions (All non-standard service work)

• Glass, including windscreen glass and head lamp lenses
  • Tyre replacement or puncture repair
  • Wheel alignment
  • Oil air and fluid top-ups between services
  • Maintenance and repair of non-factory or non-standard fitted items/accessories
  • Broken aerials
  • Fuel
  • MOT (apart from the Buy 4 package)
  • Roadside Assistance
  • Camshaft belts/chains
  • Drive belts/chains
  • Body repairs
  • Any repairs or maintenance associated with the diesel particulate filter

Does that mean if I am needing a cam belt service (which I will soon) that its not covered on this service plan?
Or do i just have to pay for the parts but the labour is covered :thumbsdown:

Purchased a 2 year one myself. Clearly the advert states a small and large service inc filters, but the confirmation pdf is much less comprehensive staying that the service will include an oil and filter change and nothing about the other filters stated on the website. The pdf is attached.

Attachments

• Buy 2 Service Plan Guide.pdf
    448 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Back