20” VW alloy wheel option

I’ve noticed there are quite a few vans for sale on the VW website with 20s on so guessing there the same ones.

I follow Supermetel on Instagram (they supply wheels for my industry)
He mentioned a few weeks ago that his wheels are now VW approved aftermarkets, and they were going to start stocking them at selected dealerships.

They don't have a huge selection of wheels, but the Trident is a really nice looking wheel, and the quality is meant to be really high, plus made in Britain :thumbsup:

I follow Supermetel on Instagram (they supply wheels for my industry)
He mentioned a few weeks ago that his wheels are now VW approved aftermarkets, and they were going to start stocking them at selected dealerships.

They don't have a huge selection of wheels, but the Trident is a really nice looking wheel, and the quality is meant to be really high, plus made in Britain :thumbsup:

Yep - I think this is a link to the post that @Tourershine is referring to! :thumbsup:

Strange thing though Matt black with a polished rim are £800 ish and Matt black with no polished rim are £1100

Interesting that pic shows a 275/35/r20 tyre and there have been no correctly load rated 20"s in a 275/35 profile for T32's for a while now.

Wonder if that tyre is something new as well then .....

How’s that going to work if you retro fit and the speedo will need to be recalibrated

I have bought 2 sets of the Supermetal Trident wheels over the years.
The chrome finish lasts longer than the chrome on gen Vw wheels.
Pic below of my 64 plate Kombi, the new owner said a few weeks ago the wheels are still like new.

7B47748C-4EE5-4F21-8585-D8C3C6E06FBD.jpeg

Interesting that pic shows a 275/35/r20 tyre and there have been no correctly load rated 20"s in a 275/35 profile for T32's for a while now.

Wonder if that tyre is something new as well then .....

Unfortunately the small line at the bottom reads not suitable for T32

Unfortunately the small line at the bottom reads not suitable for T32

I wonder if they've got that wrong, the TUV sheet seems to state 930kg load rating for that wheel.

20190407_180818.jpg

The other Supermetal wheel that has been 'VW approved', the 18" compass, is good for 1050kg.

20190123_161214.jpg

Last edited:
The compass look much better with 6 studs. The 5 stud VW ones look a bit off kilter

Know what you mean but I've stopped noticing it now they've been on a while.
That’s what always happens to me, I obsess about something then a week after buying it I can’t even remember what it was. I’ve been looking at wheel websites all week. I actually prefer the design of Supermetal Compass than the wheels I bought, but I had to get 5 spokes:unsure:

I saw these in VW Bristol last week but didn’t pay much attention other than the fact that fitting 20’s should be ok with the warranty

Just been on Vw accessories trident 20inch wheels are showing as a transporter accessory for pre order

Back