36psi works perfectly. And we get perfect tyre wear on this pressure. Anything over 40psi wore the tyres unevenly (overinflated)

Can anyone advise on tyre pressures - I’m new to my T6 - tyres fitted to 20" wheel 275/40R20 106Y - can't seem to get a clear answer anywhere - they were at 40 psi when I picked it up but it felt hard - currently running on 38psi and feels better but I’d love some thoughts!

Can anyone advise on tyre pressures - I’m new to my T6 - tyres fitted to 20" wheel 275/40R20 106Y - can't seem to get a clear answer anywhere - they were at 40 psi when I picked it up but it felt hard - currently running on 38psi and feels better but I’d love some thoughts!
Read the comment above yours for your answer

My van is fitted with 245/45/20 tyres, I bought the van new in Nov 21, today I checked my tyre pressure and the fronts are 50psi and the rears are 55psi. This is my first Transporter and the ride seemed fine to me the van now has 1090 miles on the clock and I will reduce the pressures to 38psi all round and see how she drives.

John.

it has 20 inch wheels/tyres on with 275/40/ZR20 106WXL tyres. The converters said run at 50 psi all round
How have you found the tyres after going from 50 to 38. Had some tyres fitted today in 245/45/20 and the tyre place was sure it should be 50 all round

Will drive better and wear better between 36-40.

Can't get my head around how you can function a transporter with the pressure that low. I initially had mine at 40 psi and they looked dangerously flat. 48psi seems ok for me.

It's a funny old world.

48psi is too high and will wear unevenly, the middle will wear quicker.(Im sure I put this in our earlier post about 45psi and worn centres) Even with a full load that's too much.

We can only advise what we run on our and customer vans and the pressure works perfectly

HTH

I have gone with what Bognor Motors says, my van came from converters with 20” wheels and 55 psi all around I’ve reduced to 40psi and our van handles fine.

John.

With 245/40/20 tyres is the consensus to run at between 36 - 40 psi. Appologies if this has been answered a million times, just getting started with the van.

Mark

I would start at 36 all round and go from there - This works perfectly on 265/40 and 275/35 for wear and comfort

Got my van early 2022 new and it has 265/40/20 tyres on it. Checked the pressures and they were all up to 42psi. The ride is generally ok but can be a bit crashy over poor surfaces. I have looked at previous threads on this subject and it seems like tyre pressures for 20s is a bit trial and error ranging from 35psi to 55psi. I haven`t changed the pressure as of yet (to cold) but wondering what others find good and put them all on one thread for future reference. I dont expect a super smooth ride on 20`s but I think it could be better than it is short of a suspension change, so open to opinions as to what to try, loaded and unloaded, van is a T32 DSG

I see you have a T32 so presumably you have correct load rated tyres ... these can be fairly stiff especially if they are budget commercial tyres. Pressure of around where you are are 42psi is ok, you could try 38psi or so but the danger of going too low is wearing the edges more quickly. Shocks tend to be the biggest influence or ride quality over anything else.

Back