2.0tdi 150PS / 110kw Euro6 (2015) Egr ?

vwt6newbie

Hello ! So I have just bought VWT6 with 2.0tdi Euro6 110kw engine with 120 000 km (75k miles) on it.

The last service was done by VW around 4 000 miles ago with cabin filter, oil filter, air filter, fuel filter, oil change and brake fluid change. I have now checked oil and its on the middle of the dipstick and the oil is completely black ?? :eek:
(Im used more to petrol engines and I have mazda 6 with 330k miles where I have never ever done anything to engine except oils, filters, spark plug changes, and even there the oil is in amber color after 4k miles after oil change (considering the mileage which is high for a 2004 mazda :laugh:) ?

It is completely original/stock, but as I have read a ton of problems for bitdi with egr/egr coolers Im feeling paranoid and want to get rid of it. I understand that blocking is done just by blanking plates, that's clear ? But could someone explain me please how egr delete is made ? And what is the difference/benefits - what's the best option ?

Im thinking about blocking the egr and doing a remap. But is it necessary/better to remove dpf as well ? Or can I leave it ?
What to do with Adblue ? leave it or delete ?
I did read that it would be beneficial to clean intake manifold after deleting/blocking egr ?

Im not too concerned about the performance, I am willing to increase engine life and make it run as good and clean as possible.

The issues you are referring too affected the older biturbo engines found in T5.1s and early T6 vans, these are all euro 5 engines
If you have a euro 6 biturbo then its a totally different engine with none of these known issues

The 110Kw unit isn’t biturbo anyway is it? Don’t think you’ll find many on here that have done an EGR/DPF delete as it wouldn’t be road legal for us in the UK come MOT time.

Last edited:
Good point, 110kw is the 150 ps engine which i didnt think was out in 2015 ?

Thanks for replies ! I have T6 engine 110kw Euro6 and yes it is not bitdi, but Im still getting paranoid of egr and cooler. Okay, it is nice to hear that there have not been any issues but Im thinking it is anyway better to blank egr and remap it ? Im based in Latvia and with proper remap there are not any issues with MOT.

Back