Air con rumbling noise - video inside!

Adam_T6

T6 Pro
Euro 5 ‘16 2.0 CR

Hello,

Has anyone else had a rumbling noise when the air con is switched on?

I’ve replaced the air con pump, aux belt/tensioner and cambelt kit.

YouTube video here!

That just sounds like the compressor, granted its a bit louder than normal could be down to not being used a lot probably could do benefit from a re-gas as the gas does contain lubricating oil and if the noise is still as bad after then look deeper maybe the clutch or the pulley is worn slightly but go for the cheapest option first and monitor it.

Mine too. Started recently, not been used much recently, perhaps not quite as loud as the video but definitely associated with the AC.

I think it mine might be a bearing in the pump as it stops after about 10 seconds of switching off and start straight away when switched on. But don’t fancy changing pump as it works perfectly fine just a bit noisy.

I think it mine might be a bearing in the pump as it stops after about 10 seconds of switching off and start straight away when switched on. But don’t fancy changing pump as it works perfectly fine just a bit noisy.
Mine does the same. I’ve tried changing the pump with another brand new, not refurbished one and it didn’t make a difference.

Back