The Annual T6F Pilgrimage to Bala Lake

No, JR Leisure on the Hinkley Road somewhere. Will give them a call to see what they have up, think I saw somewhere it said that they had indoor area.
Years back they used to be our go to place for camping gear but they went downhill and eventually ended up moving from their large purpose built unit to a smaller one nearby which was shared with others. We ventured in there a couple of years ago and vowed never to go back - the place felt like a jumble sale with some knackered second hand tents on display that stank. However, we drove past a few weeks ago and it looks like they may now have the unit to themselves so things may have improved - probably time to give them another go. Yes, they do have some indoor display space - more if the unit is all for camping gear now. Interested to see what you think.

Years back they used to be our go to place for camping gear but they went downhill and eventually ended up moving from their large purpose built unit to a smaller one nearby which was shared with others. We ventured in there a couple of years ago and vowed never to go back - the place felt like a jumble sale with some knackered second hand tents on display that stank. However, we drove past a few weeks ago and it looks like they may now have the unit to themselves so things may have improved - probably time to give them another go. Yes, they do have some indoor display space - more if the unit is all for camping gear now. Interested to see what you think.
Good to know, cheers Dave.

If you can wait a few more weeks, have you considered going to the Camping, Caravan and Motorhome Show at the NEC (21-26 FEBRUARY) - you will see both Vango and Kyham ranges (and more) there??
mmm another good shout, may need to check the calendar! Nice one Dave.

I've just been informed by the other half that I'm - we are at a wedding on the 27th of may in Bristol day and night do :mad: At this rate I'm just going to have to pop up and say hello for the day , paid me bloody deposit aswel :(

If you cant make it mate maybe switch the name on booking to someone else so you get your money back ??
PM if you want to as i havent booked yet :oops:

I've just been informed by the other half that I'm - we are at a wedding on the 27th of may in Bristol day and night do :mad: At this rate I'm just going to have to pop up and say hello for the day , paid me bloody deposit aswel :(

@andythom188
Weddings come around all the time.. the FIRST T6F meet won't happen again.. :whistle:

I know m8 but it's one of her best friends don't think I can get out of this one but will try show me face if we get back in time
Just tell her that you hope she has a lovely time, and she knows where to find you and the kid's! Brave advice is so much easier when its not your wife.;)

Just tell her that you hope she has a lovely time, and she knows where to find you and the kid's! Brave advice is so much easier when its not your wife.;)
I told her yesterday she had better book her train tickets in advance to get a good price, her comment was your coming aswel , I know we're I would rather be and it isn't Bristol :rofl:

Hopefully (if its not too late) I'll ring and book tomorrow. My wife and I are completely new to camping so will look like a couple plonkers.. Looking forward to meeting you all.. :).

It's completely impossible to look like a plonker whilst camping. Hope you can get a space.

Hopefully (if its not too late) I'll ring and book tomorrow. My wife and I are completely new to camping so will look like a couple plonkers.. Looking forward to meeting you all.. :).

Well that didn't work out... My wife is a photographer and received a booking over that weekend. Typical as the weekend was free until this morning.. Never mind.. Hopefully there will be other weekends in the future where I get to meet you all and nick ideas for my van..

Plenty of shows and events coming up, Busfest in September is pretty popular but plenty more before then

Plenty of shows and events coming up, Busfest in September is pretty popular but plenty more before then

Thanks Pauly - Pretty gutted to have missed this. Although good to hear there are lots more adventures. Is there a calendar of events for 2017? I hope to get to most of them.. This van owning malarkey is taking over my life. :)

Got to check that I am definitely booked on for our May camp out! I will ring them today to double check!

@Pauly, could you update the definitive list of who is going, would be interested to see. Only 2 months away, can't wait, properly looking forward to it.

Blooming hell this has come around fast, no where near ready for this event.. lol.. may well be just an awning and hot water bottles job.

Back