19x8 vs 19x9.5

Jay

Gas Engineer - Baxi Boilers
T6 Guru
Just had an email from where i ordered my wheels from. Tsw can only supply 3 of the 4 ordered (19x8)

However they can supply 19 x 9.5's.

Are there any pros or cons to having the wider wheels.

Thanks

With wider wheels you need to get the correct offset to that there is sufficient gap between the inside of the wheel/tyre and the suspension.

Thay (rimstyle) have said they will fit, but my concern is weather they will stick out of the arches.

The other choice is to wait 6 weeks..

This is there email.

Hi Jason,

I’ve been trying to contact you by phone, so I thought email might be a better option for you.

The wheels that you ordered required being ordered from TSW in the USA, hence the timescale of 7-10 working days on the order. We placed the order on the 15th Sept, but they came back to us yesterday to say that they can only supply 3 wheels due to a stock discrepancy.

They will receive more stock, but not until 6 weeks time! However we can offer a 19x9.5” size on the same wheel, which will have a 1.5” deeper dish size. These can still be run with the same tyre size you selected.

Would you like us to proceed with the revised size of 19x9.5”?

If the offset it correct they shouldn't stick out, however they are offering you very wide rims and with a standard tyre will have wheel wider than the tyre and will be very easy to kerb.

What are the offsets.... I'm running 8.5s on the front, ET 35 and they are quite near the edge of the wheel arch so 9.5s might poke.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Is that a mooney your pulling @Walski , cos if I look closely... I can see a crack outta the window !!!!:laugh:

And on a serious note, the red leather even looks good in the wing mirror mate :thumbsup:

Yeah, cracks getting bigger.... New screen coming up..... Thx for leather comment ;)

Screenshot_2016-09-20-18-07-34.png et is 45, so looks like they will fit just inline with the arch. Will rig them tomorrow to see if they can confirm.

Thanks.

It depends how low you are. The lower you are the more camber you induce and the less the wheel sticks out.
I had 9.5 et40 and it stuck out, slammed it and it then tucks under the arch.

Reactions: Jay
As its a caravelle its lowered 20mm. Dont realy want to lower it any more as i dont want to effect the ride too much.

I'm told carevelle is not lowered 20 mm it just sits lower because of all the extra weight of the interior so I'm guessing if you lower it with VW 30mm springs it might not sit much lower, I just want to stick with OEM apart from the wheels

Hi I have the 9.5 ET 35 and 9.5 ET 45 on mine and all is fine dealer lowered 30mmIMG_1762.JPG

I'm told carevelle is not lowered 20 mm it just sits lower because of all the extra weight of the interior so I'm guessing if you lower it with VW 30mm springs it might not sit much lower, I just want to stick with OEM apart from the wheels
My Vel Exec had DCC dynamic chassis control on the options, so came with a 20mm drop as standard. This doesn't seem to be true with the Gen-6's, which have DCC without the 20mm dynamic chassis lowering; who knows why?

Yeah. Went with the 19x8. Think they look ok. Will be lowering it when i can fund it..

Not the best pic. Had a new phone..

20170507_101433.jpg

TSW 19" x 8.5 et 35
Does anybody know if they will sit to far out on the front arch not sure on tyre size as I need 103 load rating

Back