T6Paul

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Legend
I'm trying to find some info on tyre pressures for a set of 255/45/19's and was hoping that someone running on 19's could help with suggested tyre pressures?...

@Walski @RattyMcClelland I believe you're both running on 19's? :)

Thanks Paul

I was advised running 55psi on my 255/45/19's, but it didn't feel right on the road, so dropped in 5psi increments, until I found 45psi seemed to be the sweet spot for me. I do more miles than most and been through 2 sets of tyres at this pressure with no detrimental effect on tyre wear, so i'm sticking at this.
Lastly, i'm on a T32, with a consistent load of around half what they are meant to carry as a maximum.

Just got 245/45/19's on my T6 T30.8 with 43psi on front and 39 on rear.
Getting hunter alignment done tomorrow and will ask the shop.

Just got 245/45/19's on my T6 T30.8 with 43psi on front and 39 on rear.
Getting hunter alignment done tomorrow and will ask the shop.

Personally I wouldn't of thought there's a hard fast rule to a 19" tyre on a T6 because it's not a factory option. I do know I chewed through £400 worth of rear tyres before I realised mine were too high.
I do a lot of miles and have had a fair few sets of tyres on my 19" wheels. I'm running a T32 on B14's with weight in the rear all the time, and 43psi has been my exact sweet spot all round. No excessive tyre wear anymore, no understeer or over steer, something I experienced running higher pressures and hard driving. This pressure front and rear seems to be spot on for me.

Personally I wouldn't of thought there's a hard fast rule to a 19" tyre on a T6 because it's not a factory option. I do know I chewed through £400 worth of rear tyres before I realised mine were too high.
I do a lot of miles and have had a fair few sets of tyres on my 19" wheels. I'm running a T32 on B14's with weight in the rear all the time, and 43psi has been my exact sweet spot all round. No excessive tyre wear anymore, no understeer or over steer, something I experienced running higher pressures and hard driving. This pressure front and rear seems to be spot on for me.
Thanks @Tourershine. I do up to 1000 miles a week in my 'velle so far on the 17's. Will see how the Dunlop's do in comparison.

Thanks @Tourershine. I do up to 1000 miles a week in my 'velle so far on the 17's. Will see how the Dunlop's do in comparison.
One thing I will say is that I have about 5 different pumps with Dials and gauges on and they all report different pressures so I'm really unsure which one do actually Trust. tomorrow I'll get the four-wheel alignment done and speak to the guys in the tyre shop as to what the best pressure is but 43 all round on a t30.8 sounds reasonable

Anyone running 245/45/19's on a 8" wide rim?
Just fitted these tyres to a set of Amarok Cantera alloy wheels to keep the rolling radius correct for my T6 and the garage have them at 35PSI, which seems a little low?
Anyone using higher pressures and found any problems?

I'm running the same size tyres, just slightly wider rims.
43 all round, and that's from carefully finding the sweet spot. Any higher and you will chew out the centre's of the rear tyres as I found out after 4000 miles.

Just covered a further 7000 miles at 43 psi and everything is wearing perfectly.

Love those 19" Amarok wheels, have you got any photos?

After years of playing around with pressures, my tyres have always worn the most evenly with a higher than expected pressure.
What sort of loads do you carry re max gross?
I would be minimum 40psi, and maybe 42, as a starting point

What is your van, T30?.
What is the load rating of your actual tyres?
Do the tyres have a maximum inflation pressure printed on the side walls?

If your carried load is close tour tyres limits; and you don't hang around; you may need to consider a higher pressure.
Because mostly a tyre can only carry its max load at its max pressure (or close to it)

The down side of higher pressures can be a slightly higher harsher ride, among other things

Thanks for all the replies.

Van is a T30 with a full camper conversion. But I dont pick the van up untill March 1st, and then it goes away to the converters until the end of March.
The new tyres that I have had fitted today to the rims are load rated to 102. These I intend to use as Summer wheels / tyres.
Considering everbodies suggestions, I will try them at 42 /43 PSI and see how they feel when driving.
The only photo I have is with the original 255/55/19's, Bridgestone Duelers HP sport 111H tyre , as fitted originally when on a Amarok.
I dropped really lucky with these, buying them brand new after a new Amarok owner wanted 21" alloys, so these came off at PDI when at the dealers.
The original tyres still have the dimples on them, they have probably covered no more than 5 / 10 miles at most - I really need to get these sold to pay for the new tyres

Cantera.JPG

The new wheel / tyres are eagerly awaiting fitting in April when the sun starts to shine...

image.jpg image.jpg
Just to prove that sometimes wheels & tyres do get dirty...
Travelled 160 miles to Appleby today, to attend the Cumbria VAG show tomorrow in Kendal.
I really want to clean them, but cant!!

Will post clean wheels when I get home.
Running 245/45/19

Back