Thanks, I think that may just be about right load rating then, I guess the load rating is for a fully loaded van, so would 10kg less be that bad?

Thats what I thought, and no issues so far. They are a soft summer tyre and I run winters so no hardship.

Thanks, I think that may just be about right load rating then, I guess the load rating is for a fully loaded van, so would 10kg less be that bad?

The loaded or unloaded issue does not matter in law/mot/ insurance... It's the vehicles max designed capabilities and what it means to the load rating of the tyre

The loaded or unloaded issue does not matter in law/mot/ insurance... It's the vehicles max designed capabilities and what it means to the load rating of the tyre

hold on, have you just said i dont have to worry about load ratings for my T32?!

hold on, have you just said i dont have to worry about load ratings for my T32?!

There's a full on thread regarding load rating on here......just make sure you tell your insurance you've changed them from factory

There's a full on thread regarding load rating on here......just make sure you tell your insurance you've changed them from factory

yes i know were meant to run 104/106?? off top of my head on the t32? but then hearing this its, its like, run what you want hahaha

I think he is pertaining to the axle limits as stated on your vehicle's vin plate - they are what decide the wheel and tyre rating you require in order to be safe at the axle load limit.

img_3705-jpg.8101

As a committed 17" fan, is it time to take a risk........

and fit
s-l1600.jpg

4x Genuine VW Amarok Cantera 19” alloys
VW Part Number: 2H0 601 025 AD
5x120 (direct fit to T5/6)
8 J X 19
ET43
Freshly powder-coated in BMW Ferric Grey

with some

942956.jpg

BRIDGESTONE WEATHER CONTROL A005
245/45 R19 102V

Price per unit 217,79 £
Quantity
Specificity : XL, 3PMSF

www.tyreleader.co.uk/car-tyres/bridgestone/weather-control-a005/245-45-r19-102v-859915?

mmmmmm???????:rolleyes::inlove::confused:

Last edited:
19s are the new 20s :thumbsup: but wow the price of those tyres :eek:
I haven't trawled the net yet re costs, but if they last like the Nokians, 35K miles later, and they aren't even close to wearing out; I'm just getting bored with them; I keep thinking they may be getting noisy; but it may be all in my mind!

Last edited:
The point where the spoke meets the rim looks a bit vulnerable to kerb damage, as they project.
On Amaroks they have a 255 tyre OE, which offers 5mm more protection

Last edited:
The point where the spoke meets the rim looks a bit vulnerable to kerb damage, as they project.
On Amaroks they have a 255 tyre OE, which overs 5mm more protection

Transporter HQ ran a set on low profile winters. He hasn't mentioned them being particularly prone to damage.

Love those wheels!
Tyres can be a pita if you’re in a T32?
By the skin of the teeth for the Vel 102 are just OK

There where loads of Canteras 19" on flea bay for around £650-£700 brand new with a set of 4 with brand new tyres (which are too big for a T6)
Raceline had loads at one point. But I think Amaroks models have changes slightly, so there isn't so many about.

Got a set of the Goodyear Eagle LS2 255/45 R19 104 H XL, FP, AO on the same wheel excellent tyres and a £100 cheaper (per wheel)

There is something about the ~All-Weather tyres; they are fine price wise at 17"; and go mental as you move up to 19"/20". But they do seem to last a very long time

Back