19” Tyre option and fit

DazTdi

Good morning all. I Have order or 19” 9.5 wide alloys looking for some help on what tyres to get. Van will be slightly lowered. Many thanks

Hi all, I’m contemplating changing over to all weather tyres as my current tyres are slightly stretched and exposing the rim. I like the idea of filling the arches with a deeper tyre without the need to lower. These grabbers do get good reviews. T6.1 Caravelle 32t fully converted

E780F8EB-76B2-463B-A6F5-0B37D69170D5.png

9219EBFF-D6E2-4008-8919-281AA4D33FBF.jpeg

If that size is what you want, then there are these for sale:

Reactions: JOG
Hi all, I’m contemplating changing over to all weather tyres as my current tyres are slightly stretched and exposing the rim. I like the idea of filling the arches with a deeper tyre without the need to lower. These grabbers do get good reviews. T6.1 Caravelle 32t fully converted

View attachment 145689

View attachment 145690
255/55/19 is huge in Transporter terms, it would result in approx 10% increase in gearing over factory wheel /tyre combinations and a proportionate reduction in braking power. Your speedo would read miles out too. (under read)

In my opinion a 10% increase in gearing is too much, others are of course free to disagree!

255/55/19 is huge in Transporter terms, it would result in approx 10% increase in gearing over factory wheel /tyre combinations and a proportionate reduction in braking power. Your speedo would read miles out too. (under read)

In my opinion a 10% increase in gearing is too much, others are of course free to disagree!
I think it is way to big - I have 235/55s on my 17” wheels

Appart from being too big, I reckon they'd look complete wrong on that wheel too.

How wide are your wheels? I have the same size tyres on 8" wide rims and they are pretty much flush, whereas your tyres appear stretched.

Reactions: JOG
255/45/19 104Y

Cheers, I’m really not in the know regards sizes and so on but appreciate your feedback. I’m looking for a more suitable tyre that protects the rims and also just is a bit chunkier thread wise.
Low profile tyres and “chunkier” are counterintuitive concepts! I suggest going to at least an 18” rim to achieve the look you want

Back