Depends on the load rating and the pressure you run them and the tyre profile which is dictated by the wheel width and suspension height.
It's a minefeild mate but generally a 35 profile will not be as comfortable as 40+ unless other suspension components are upgraded.
The size of the alloy is just another peice in the jigsaw puzzle but generally you can run a larger profile on 19's compared to 20's

Marginally. The thing that will make the biggest difference is a good quality suspension setup.

Hello guys, I’m new here, just got myself an t64motion , running the standard 17 wheels(t32 btw). Problem that I have, I found someone alloys, load rated to 960kg 19” et 50 . Would those be ok for my van ? I wouldn’t want them to poke out a lot! Tanks a lot

Hello guys, I’m new here, just got myself an t64motion , running the standard 17 wheels(t32 btw). Problem that I have, I found someone alloys, load rated to 960kg 19” et 50 . Would those be ok for my van ? I wouldn’t want them to poke out a lot! Tanks a lot
This may help...

The look of a fitted alloy can be a very personal preference and can alter with different width or the wall height of tyres.
Some prefer a stretched look, some prefer a swampy look, others prefer somewhere in between!!
Some folk even buy tyres because they like the look of the tread pattern :)
Decisions, decisions :cool:
What 1 person likes another doesn't.

Last edited:
18 looks great if you are low enough, and is very comfortable, but knocks my speedo out stupidly far.
Oh. I was hoping to swap my base spec 16” steels for some 18” steels but don’t fancy a wildly out speedo.

Is there a particular tyre size or something that would keep the speedo accurate with 18s?

Oh. I was hoping to swap my base spec 16” steels for some 18” steels but don’t fancy a wildly out speedo.

Is there a particular tyre size or something that would keep the speedo accurate with 18s?
255 45 18 is the factory VW size for 18" wheels.

Hi all. I’ve got my T6.1 T32 150 kombi on order since last may . I’m just starting to get some bits ordered for it for it’s arrival! Whenever that may be! I’ve ordered a wheel and tire package from rumstyle but just wanted to check on here that sizes are all compatible. I’m not lowering the van quite yet but probably will in time. Thanks in advance. EEBFA4F8-5019-4898-8897-68062F3DE4A9.pngDE0C43B7-641B-4786-AF70-5CAF5BF4B9FC.pngEC8E42A3-01A3-4C42-A0BD-2E0DD67D392C.png

Hi all. I’ve got my T6.1 T32 150 kombi on order since last may . I’m just starting to get some bits ordered for it for it’s arrival! Whenever that may be! I’ve ordered a wheel and tire package from rumstyle but just wanted to check on here that sizes are all compatible. I’m not lowering the van quite yet but probably will in time. Thanks in advance. View attachment 155301View attachment 155302View attachment 155303
The centre bore on these wheels is too large for a T6 / T6.1, they'd fit but you'd need spigot rings, the centre bore you need on your wheels is 65.1mm.
Have a read of some of the other threads on centre bore and spigot rings for an explanation;

The centre bore on these wheels is too large for a T6 / T6.1, they'd fit but you'd need spigot rings, the centre bore you need on your wheels is 65.1mm.
Have a read of some of the other threads on centre bore and spigot rings for an explanation;
Thanks for your message Dave. I spoke to Rimstyle and they are supplied with spigot rings so all good. Thanks for your advice

The voice of treason here and at the risk of sermonising I would put the money for wheels and tyres to one side, safely hidden and wait until you've actually got the van.
Wheel size, whether staggered plus diameter,style and colour will all have changed at least ten times per day on average prior to pulling the trigger and getting what will then obviously turn out to be the "wrong" wheels, this is without buying premium tyres and watching them dissolve in under 3,000 miles.
Good luck!

Loving the forum, nearly there on van choice.

Test drove one on Friday - 60mm lowered on adjustable coilovers and 20in rims, it felt a bit too crashy.

Would raising it 30mm make it noticeable less crashy or is changing the wheels a better route. First thing we're doing is driving to Spain and it's not gonna go down well if we're doing it in a boneshaker

Loving the forum, nearly there on van choice.

Test drove one on Friday - 60mm lowered on adjustable coilovers and 20in rims, it felt a bit too crashy.

Would raising it 30mm make it noticeable less crashy or is changing the wheels a better route. First thing we're doing is driving to Spain and it's not gonna go down well if we're doing it in a boneshaker
Raising the van can sometimes help the ride if it’s crashy, but which coil overs are on the van? It might be worth replacing them with a more comfortable option if you like the current lowered look with the 20s.

20s and the right coil overs can ride very well and not be crashy at all.

T30 or T32? I'm looking at the same 20" Tridents, for my T6 T30 Kombi (fully converted). VW are fitting 235/35ZR20 FALKEN FK510 (92Y) XL...

T30 or T32? I'm looking at the same 20" Tridents, for my T6 T30 Kombi (fully converted). VW are fitting 235/35ZR20 FALKEN FK510 (92Y) XL...
VW are fitting tyres that aren’t load rated for the van. Just checking you are aware of this.

I don't have a lot of luck with VW Hull...I did wonder, because my existing are 235 55R17 103W. Thanks for this. Really appreciated.

I don't have a lot of luck with VW Hull...I did wonder, because my existing are 235 55R17 103W. Thanks for this. Really appreciated.
Fit T30, you can go 275/35 20 (102 load rating) or 255/40 20 (101 load rating). 101 is minimum required for T30.

Back