After advice if possible. Im getting a T30 which im converting into a camper and have been looking at loads of wheels. Want gloss black and have seen bmw tiger claws and range rover wheels a lot and quite cheap.
I've seen some that are 8.5j x 20 and are on 255/55/20s. How would these fit? What would i need? I've shown pics which i hope show all the info for you to provide the above.
Thanks

82BEC6CB-A4F1-414D-BAB3-B9F30C972178.png

0822DCF0-6CB4-45D8-A5F7-37618AEADD31.png

30EB5655-C857-4CF2-A194-D519CAF65002.png

F3714FEE-65E7-4103-A97E-E1B10759A4C2.png

After advice if possible. Im getting a T30 which im converting into a camper and have been looking at loads of wheels. Want gloss black and have seen bmw tiger claws and range rover wheels a lot and quite cheap.
I've seen some that are 8.5j x 20 and are on 255/55/20s. How would these fit? What would i need? I've shown pics which i hope show all the info for you to provide the above.
Thanks

View attachment 111007

View attachment 111008

View attachment 111009

View attachment 111010
The tyres are too big but the wheels will fit with correct size tyres...

The tyres are too big but the wheels will fit with correct size tyres...
Thx Gordon. Can i ask what size tyres id need on 20s just so i can keep looking. And 19s if you know? I dont want to have to get new tyres if possible.

Thanks

View attachment 111007

View attachment 111008

View attachment 111009

View attachment 111010
245 is a perfect width for 8.5”.
Choose a profile and load rating that fits your needs.
I have a 45 profile, but that is as big as I’d want to go and means my Speedo under reads by 1 mph at 60. But I’m T32 so less choice.
Being T30 you only need 101load rating I believe. More options for you.

Look on ‘will they fit’ (google) and compare to get a better idea.

Last edited:
Thanks

View attachment 111007

View attachment 111008

View attachment 111009

View attachment 111010
I can't make out a load rating in those images, but you need to have a minimum load rating of 805kgs for the wheels. Bolt PCD needs to be 5 x 120. Centre bore needs to be a minimum of 65.1mm, but can be more if you use spigot rings. You need 101 load rated tyres as a minimum, and on an 8.5" wide rim, your best choice is a 255/40 R20 tyre.

The 255/55 tyre is far too big for the T6 and is likely to cause some rubbing, even with a van at standard ride height.

Hi all
First post in this forum, having just joined anyway!
We moved from a T25 to T6 camper last year - a different experience but more reliable!
The T6 came with 20” wheels which look good but are just too much for anything other than smooth roads.
Also I think the speedo is under reading, based on satnav and being flagged down by traffic police recently!
So I want to swap to 18” .
Currently got Wolfrace Assassin 20x8.5 no idea of offset. Tyres are 245/ZR40 106 load rated.

It's a T28 so wheels and tyres are well in excess of axle weights.
I can’t tell if it’s been lowered at all.

I’m in Lincolnshire - does anyone have any recommendations for someone to do a wheel swap ensuring suitable wheel size and offset etc?
I’d be happy to do part exchange as I don’t really want to be left with wheels and tyres to sell.
Wheels good and tyres done less than 7000 miles.
I do like the Wolfrace look though not that fussy!

Poppy.jpg
IMG_1482.jpeg

Hi all
First post in this forum, having just joined anyway!
We moved from a T25 to T6 camper last year - a different experience but more reliable!
The T6 came with 20” wheels which look good but are just too much for anything other than smooth roads.
Also I think the speedo is under reading, based on satnav and being flagged down by traffic police recently!
So I want to swap to 18” .
Currently got Wolfrace Assassin 20x8.5 no idea of offset. Tyres are 245/ZR40 106 load rated.

It's a T28 so wheels and tyres are well in excess of axle weights.
I can’t tell if it’s been lowered at all.

I’m in Lincolnshire - does anyone have any recommendations for someone to do a wheel swap ensuring suitable wheel size and offset etc?
I’d be happy to do part exchange as I don’t really want to be left with wheels and tyres to sell.
Wheels good and tyres done less than 7000 miles.
I do like the Wolfrace look though not that fussy!

View attachment 112253
View attachment 112254
Hello and welcome!! Lovely colour ;)

Looking at the height I’d say that it has not been lowered.

I can’t recommend anyone for wheels in your area.. but i can recommend a few online companies that will help you out with offsets and tell you what they would recommend so they sit perfect! I have dealt with all three of these.

Tamar Wheels - various wheel types including alloys and steels
Wheelbase - various wheel types mainly alloys
Duchy banded steels - the only person for you steel wheel needs. These fit spot on.

You can also use a website called https://www.willtheyfit.com/ this will show you what your current set up would look like against your new one And you can play about with the numbers. It will give you an idea how the sizes will affect your speedo.

Hi what’s peoples opinion with wheels and tyers would you go 19 or 20
Seen some wheels they r the staggered set up and they come with 275 40 20 but if I went 19 would you go 255 40 19 because then they would match my 215 65 16 in overall size i under stand on 20s a 275 35 20 would be better but I don’t want it to be uncomfortable the roads r terrible near me the 20s I have seen r 8.5j and 10j so would a 265 40 20 be a better option is so y don’t they come with them lol or if I went 19 could I go to a 45 profile and just to add the vans been lowered 50mm i know every one gets fed up with another wheel question

Go to Will They Fit where you'll be able to enter details of your vehicle and see the impact of different tyre & wheel choices compared to the standard. The general view seems to be 20s give a harder ride (on stock suspension). I've got 19s (9.5J all round, but fronts are only just within the arches) but I've swapped out my springs and dampers together with my anti roll bars.

Go to Will They Fit where you'll be able to enter details of your vehicle and see the impact of different tyre & wheel choices compared to the standard. The general view seems to be 20s give a harder ride (on stock suspension). I've got 19s (9.5J all round, but fronts are only just within the arches) but I've swapped out my springs and dampers together with my anti roll bars.
Ok thanks will have a look I’ve got 50mm H&R springs on got koni dampeners on the bk just after seeing what other people recommended or run on there vans thanks

I have just replaced my devonports for 20” velare wheels but on KW coil overs and H&R roll bars. The ride is great but I would not have fitted them on stock suspension. My view is you need to think about the suspension plus wheels….and it gets expensive!

Back