T6.1 T30 Highline Kombi being converted with Reimo roof & sliding seat. Ran a similar full conversion T5.1 on 18’s and 30mm lowered. Opportunity to try something different including suspension modification, will be a daily driver but aesthetically 20’s look great.

thoughts.....

Having run everything from 17 to 20 and depending on your tyre choice, my opinions are as follows.

17 too small unless either swamper with big tyres or a banded steel in 17"

18 looks great if you are low enough, and is very comfortable, but knocks my speedo out stupidly far.

19 is my sweet spot, but you are restricted on tyre sizes if you want load rating.

20 looks the best on a nice suspension drop, but the most uncomfortable out of all my wheels.

Again, tyre choice changes these and the above is only my opinion on my set ups, which tend to be too low and not ideal tyres.

T6.1 T30 Highline Kombi being converted with Reimo roof & sliding seat. Ran a similar full conversion T5.1 on 18’s and 30mm lowered. Opportunity to try something different including suspension modification, will be a daily driver but aesthetically 20’s look great.

thoughts.....
For me it's 20s. 20" alloys just look the business, it's true that 18s can be more comfortable, but with the right choice of tyre/pressure and a well considered suspension setup you can achieve great comfort on 20s. 20s don't have to be uncomfortable if the van is setup properly to deal with them.

I’ve also ran a few wheels... currently running 20s now. I was quite surprised at how comfy they actually are. I’m a fan of 18s, 19s and 20s.. that’s not much help to you I know :slow rofl:

That’s great info - much appreciated.
When the time comes to order your wheels and suspension, please keep us in mind. With your van being a T30 we have several suspension options, depending on how low you want to go. As an example of our excellent pricing, we supply and fit ST X suspension with up to 65mm lowering for £1075 including VAT. We also offer very good prices on wheels and tyres too. All the best, Chris.

This thread makes interesting reading as I am just setting off on a "Flexi" Day Van, suspension/wheels seem to be a very personal thing.

I've got a new T6.1 LWB coming and would like to see some pictures of similar vans with 18's, 19's and 20'rims?

I'm using the van for work so need to be a bit senisble!

Thanks

Running 19s and in my opinion they are a great compromise between wheels being too big and too small.
Mine are 8.5" all round ET45 on a 30mm drop and works perfectly for me giving good looks and a comfortable drive.

I'm changing for a different set soon, and they will also be 19"

Just watch the load rating on the tyres as mentioned.

Hi, I have a T32 and want 19” wheels. I noted you have ET 45 offset on 8.5 “ wheels.

I have priced up T32 wheels at rim style and they come out with an ET 35 offset. Will this work? Would the wheel just sit inboard 10mm more?

thanks

Hi, I have a T32 and want 19” wheels. I noted you have ET 45 offset on 8.5 “ wheels.

I have priced up T32 wheels at rim style and they come out with an ET 35 offset. Will this work? Would the wheel just sit inboard 10mm more?

thanks
The other way. Lower et sticks out more. 8.5” and et 35 is perfect for the front and will work fine on the back. If you want the arches filled more on the rear you can add spacers of the width you want.
Id be putting 245 tyres on, provided I could find appropriate 103 ones.

The other way. Lower et sticks out more. 8.5” and et 35 is perfect for the front and will work fine on the back. If you want the arches filled more on the rear you can add spacers of the width you want.
Id be putting 245 tyres on, provided I could find appropriate 103 ones.
Cheers

Back